Chapter 15: Dance Battle pt. 1

I had practice every single day. All of us trainees spent the whole week killing ourselves with plenty of practice, practice and practice. And today, it is time for us to know what will be the result of our efforts. Today is the dance competition.

I am now inside the car together with my hyungs. They decided to watch the competition to show support to all the trainees and also since some of my hyungs are mentors too, which are Luhan hyung, Sehun hyung, Kai hyung and Lay hyung. As usual I am sitting at the far end, near the window since I like to see the outside view.

"Hey Yoomi, how's your feet? Are they okay now?" Someone said beside me.

"Ne, Kris hyung. I put some pain killers in my feet awhile ago." I replied. I have sprained my ankle when I was practicing last week. Good thing, Kris hyung gave me some pain killers this morning. Anyways... how did he knew that I had sprained my ankle?

"That's good then. Good luck to your performance later. Remember not to exert some effort to your feet so that it will not get worse, okay?" Kris hyung said.

"I understand hyung! Thanks for your concern." I reply with a smile.

"Yoomi-ah! How many times will you perform?" I heard
Chen hyung asked in the front seat.

"I had two for the competition and also a special dance." I replied.

"Woah! You had a lot! As expected from our maknae~" Kai hyung commented.

"Of course, she get that skills from meh" Chen hyung said as he points to himself with a lot of confidence showing.

"What? Noooooo~ She got that from me, since I am the dancing machine our group, right?" Kai hyung refused Chen hyung idea.

"Hey! No fair. I-"

"Stop quarreling already! You two are very noisy again. Can't you see there's someone sleeping in here?" I heard Baehyun hyung shouted in the front. I could see that he's really pissed since someone interrupted his deep slumber.

"Ooopss.. sorry Lay hyung.." Chen said as he noticed that Lay hyung is sleeping next to Baekhyun hyung.

"Aissshhh! I am the one you should be sorry to. You idiot. I am the one who you disturbed from sleeping!" Baekhyun hyung shouted again making Lay hyung to wake up too. Chen hyung noticed him

"Sorry Lay hyung for me and Baekhyun hyung's noise. You may sleep now." Chen hyung said feeling sorry to Lay hyung. Lay hyung doesn't know what going on, so he just decided to sleep again

"Aisshhh! Why are we even riding in a one van!?" Baekhyun hyung questioned.

"Baekhyun, just calm down okay. We are near the venue anyways. Just hold on for a while." Suho hyung said.

---------------

We had finally arrived in the venue. I saw a lot of people occupying all the chairs. I notice some familiar faces.... aren't those some artists from different companies. Wow! Daebak! Will they be watching us perform?.... I guess they are here too to support their hoobaes. This is making me nervous even more.

I am now standing in the backstage. I touch my chest where my heart was. It was beating like crazy... I must be very nervous. I need to calm down... Calm down Yoomi.... calm down. I close my eyes and try to breath normally... Inhale....Exhale....Inhale... Exha---Aack!

I was surprised when I felt that somebody tap me from behind. I look back and saw Sehun hyung.

"Hahahahahhaha You should have seen your face Bwahahahahaha" He said as he laughs.

"Y-yah h-hyung! Y-you s-scared me." I stutter as I automatically drop down as I clutch my chest very tight.

"H-hey, are you okay?" He asked as he knelt down same to my level. He try to look at my face to see if I'm okay... but I just look down getting my face away from his sight. My mouth must be trembling now from the unintentional surprise from Sehun hyung...