Chapter 10

Ripplestone's POV

I sat outside the newly built warriors' den. We lost the fight against BrightClan even though their cats are nearly kits. We didn't really need to fight back then, since we were all relaxed about those things. Glidestar had always admired Toadhop. How he would battle train for hours even though it really wasn't needed. I even trained with him as an apprentice, he always beat me in a fight. We fought so cowardly, and Toadstar even lost a life. It's our fault. He was sick, we should have stopped him. We don't have a medicine cat, which is really bad. If only...
I stopped myself. I'm deputy, I have to worry about my Clan.
I sat up and decided that I needed a walk to clear my mind. Especially about BrightClan and the flesh-eaters. I headed toward the abandoned twolegplace, since it was empty, a good place for a walk.

I walked around for a bit. It was eerie, monsters were cluttered everywhere. Some were on fire, even flipped over. Monsters are terrible, but who would do such a thing? I saw a flesh-eater twoleg. It was in it's yard, stumbling about. Even cat flesh-eaters are smarter. I sniffed, and trotted off.
I saw a cat, a real one. They were fighting another cat, too. A brown tom lunged at the other cat's throat and killed them. I staggered back, not wanting to be the next victim.
It was just a kittypet. He looked at me. He unsheathed his claws and shoved them through the dead cat's head. "Hello," He meowed, licking the blood from his claws. "What brings you here, feral?"
I took a step back. "Who are you?" I asked. There was nothing else to say.
"The name's Rory. I'm the leader in this human town." He told me.
Human? Town? This kittypet sure knows some words!
"Who was that?" I asked, looking at the dead cat.
"That, was Penguin. He disobeyed my rules here. I killed him." Rory meowed.
Then, he took a bite out of the tom's neck. He chewed, and swallowed.
I gasped. "Cannibal!" I growled.

"What else am I supposed to eat?" He asked. "Fish, bones?"
"Oscar!" Rory yowled. He yelled loudly, like nothing was going to come. A gray tabby tom came out a few moments later. "Take this one and have him meet the others." He snarled.
What? Others?
Oscar leaped at me and knocked me on the side of the head. My head fell on the twoleg hard ground. I blacked out.

***

I woke up in a some sort of twoleg trap. Vines are covering the entrance and exit. I tried to escape, but it seemed impossible. Others were lined up against mine, and they held others. That's what they meant by that. I saw cats I recognized!
"Flowerheart? Wolf? Rabbitpaw!" I said, looking at their capsules.
"My name isn't Flowerheart anymore." The golden she-cat whimpered. "It's Flower."
I shook my pelt. "We need to leave."
Rabbitpaw faced me. "There's no escape. Those kittypets, the cannibals take you out. They torture you, then put you back in to suffer and cry."
Rory came back and looked me in the face. "You think you can escape? That's a cage you're in, my friend. Only kitties like me know how to use them. Oscar fetch me this tool." Rory mewed.
Oscar opened Wolf's cage. He pulled the helpless tom out. "Please, no!" Wolf screeched. "I can be useful to you! I can help you, I promise I won't get in your way!" Wolf cried.
Rabbitpaw whispered to me. "They torture you five times then kill you, and eat you. Wolf's already been tortured five times. Oscar had actually been his best friend as kits before being taken away to this twolegplace."
I could hear more of Wolf's desperate pleas.
"After all, it's me your best friend! I can be useful to you! I'll kill one of my own! I can, I can...." Wolf trailed off. I heard a wail from him. "Please don't kill me."
Oscar's teeth glittered with blood. He lunged. There was a bloodcurdling scream. I flinched, and Wolf's body was carried away.
Rabbitpaw stared at me blankly. "It'll happen to everyone."
Was this it? Was this my end?

Hollowpaw's POV

I slowly padded out of the medicine den. I woke up before anyone else had to wailing. It was coming from the entrance of camp.
I ran to where it was coming from. Two tiny kits at least a few days old were next to each other. I touched my paw to their heads. They were cold. "Moss Fur!" I yowled.
The black tom came as fast as he could. "What is it? What happened?" He questioned me.
"These kits. I found them. With no one there. Someone abandoned them overnight." I said.
Moss Fur nodded. He went into the nursery, and came back with Cinderflight.
"Adopt them?" Cinderflight asked. "I guess it will have to be me."
I picked up one of the kits and examined it. "It's a tom." I meowed. I looked at the other one. "She-cat." I purred.
"They'll be in your care." I said.
Cinderflight rumbled in burst into a purr. "They are both lovely." She picked them up and returned to the nursery.