The Princess and the Pervert

We left the house early the next day. Lance was such a moron, jumping on my bed up and down just to get me up and going. 

During breakfast, I almost threw the butter knife at Von because he was teasing me about my dolls. If Lance hadn't stopped me, I was pretty sure I'd have already stabbed his pretty face.

Dad and Mom stood at the doorway when we left, looking proudly at me. They've always wanted me to be outgoing just like Lance, whose social life was flourishing pretty well. I guess I'll be bringing them down as always. One day won't change the way I was.

Von brought us to a skate park first. I lagged behind them, not bothering to talk to them unless spoken to. He even introduced us to his friends, or crew, as they call it. I didn't remember their names though. I was too busy looking at the ground and appreciating mother earth to care. Lance wasn't pleased.

Lance was thrilled to see that there was a skate park here. He loved skateboarding, roller skating and biking. I had a little coordination problem so roller skating was the only thing I was good at. It took me almost a lifetime to know how to balance myself in my skates but it was one of the things I loved to do. I loved the feel of the wind beating against my face and hair. I loved the way I glide smoothly through the pavement. I tried to learn a few tricks from Lance but it involved pain and bruised knees and palms. It was much worse than learning how to ride my roller skates.

I sat down to rest on one of the benches in the skate park, ignoring the two who were talking about skateboards and tricks. I took out my iPod and listened to Saosin. Someone sat next to me but I didn't bother looking up because I knew it was the evil presence of Von. I felt his gaze on me but I ignored him, thinking that he would just get bored and leave. But I was startled when he took one of my earphones and listened to it.

"Huh, you listen to Saosin?"

I frowned. "What's it to you?"

He shrugged and leaned back casually, putting an arm over my shoulders. "I was expecting for some RnB or something. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, seeing how you turned out to be a complete tomboy."

What he said made me pause for a moment. 

Seeing how I turned out? Did he know me? 

I raised a brow at him. He seemed to know he had said something weird because he covered his mouth with the back of his hand and looked the other way. I huffed. He was really weird. I shook his arm off me and looked for my brother. I was done with this outing and wanted to go home.  

I spotted Lance not too far away. He was flirting again. The girls he was talking to looked like they were about to swoon in his presence. A thought occurred to me as I watched him.

"How did you meet Lance?" I asked Von, turning my head to look at him. "You seem really close with each other when you just actually only met him yesterday."

Von looked at me as if I said something wrong. Then he looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I was just passing by when I saw that someone was moving in the block. I was curious and decided to snoop around. That's when I met him. He was trying to be Superman by carrying two big boxes in each arm. Of course, they fell." I snorted and he grinned at me. "And being a well-mannered, handsome young man," I gave him a look of disbelief which he ignored, "I helped him and that's how we became friends."

"Gosh, he's such an idiot," I muttered, smiling.

He chuckled. "Yeah. But who would have thought that our fathers also worked together too? Small world."

I nodded but I had a nagging feeling about something. He was keeping something from me. The more I looked at him, the more I felt that there was just something in him that I couldn't place. I suddenly realized something and I scowled.