The Seducer and The Seduced

"What was that all about?" Kate asked when we were changing into our gym clothes for PE. "And how did you know Von, anyway?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know him. He's just Lance's friend. And we're sort of neighbours, I guess. I didn't even bother to know his last name."

Selene sighed, dreamily.

"Gosh, you're one lucky bitch," she gushed. "To be defended by that hot guy is every girl's dream. He's like your knight-in-shining armor!"

I raised a brow at her. "Please don't tell me you have the hots for him?"

"Of course not!" Selene denied laughingly. "He's just one gorgeous male specimen. But totally not my type."

"Selene already has a boyfriend," Kate explained. "You'll meet him when he comes back to school. He's sick with the flu and staying at home right now."

Kate and Selena began giving me a full coverage of who and what Von was in school. We practically spent PE gossiping while doing random exercises, which weren't pretty hard. 

Von's last name was Blacke. He was the resident bad boy and a complete playboy. He would use women to satisfy him and then dump them when he gets tired of them. His crew followed him anywhere he goes and it seemed he was the boss and everyone was afraid of him. He was arrogant, cocky and an asshole. He was, all in all, everything I hated in a man.

After final period, I said a hasty goodbye to Selena and Kate and ran down the stairs. I was so not looking forward to see Von so I tried to make a quick getaway. But then I bumped to someone who gripped my arm tightly. It was the devil himself, Von.

"Tsk, tsk. Nice try Rei."

I scowled at him.

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the parking lot. I felt everyone's stares boring through my back and I tried to free my hand but he was too strong. He pushed me into his car, and ignored my whining. He even looked pretty pleased with himself, the stupid jerk.

"You are so highhanded," I growled.

He smirked.

"And you are so underhanded."

"Where are you taking me, you monster?"

"Skate park. You're brother's waiting for us there. Why, you'd rather we go to a hotel?"

I rolled my eyes then groaned out loud. That stupid brother was really going to get it. Von didn't try to make a conversation and I didn't speak either. I was too annoyed with him.

The ride to the park was silent but oddly enough, it wasn't uncomfortable. I snuck a look at him at saw that he was smiling. My heart began to beat faster and I felt myself grow hot. I quickly darted my gaze out of the window, fanning myself with my hand to cool myself down. Hell, what was that all about?

"Are you hot?"

I jumped in my seat when Von spoke. I refused to look at him because I knew my face was still a tinge red.

"No," I answered curtly.

I heard him exhale loudly and saw from the corner of my eye that he was turning the air-conditioning of his car up. I guessed he really thought that I felt hot.

When we finally arrived, Lance and his crew were already there. Lance waved at us. I narrowed my eyes as we got out of the car and quickly launched into a tirade at Lance.

"Lance you got to take me home. I've got loads of homework and I can't possibly finish them on time if I stay here with you and that crappy crew of his."