The Prince's Thorn

Von's POV

I knew that she hated me. She was also scared of me but she didn't want to admit it to herself. She'd rather get shot than admit such weakness. And from what I had learned and observed from the new her, her pride was very important to her.

But I was still pissed that she hit me. I had to threaten to beat my crew up into a pulp if they didn't stop laughing when she hit me in front of everyone. I rubbed the spot on my face where her fist grazed me. It didn't hurt much, only my fucking ego from getting beat up by a girl, but I got to admit, she was strong. I had to give her credit for that.

But I missed the old her. I missed those times when we were kids when she used to look at me with admiration in her adorable green eyes. I missed those times when she followed me everywhere in her pink dress. She used to prance around with a tiara on her head and in her mother's heels, playing pretend. I missed those times when she called me her prince.

She used to wear pink dresses all the freaking time when she was little girl. But now, her usual attire would be a black shirt and jeans and a pair of black high-tops. From the sweet and adorable little girl who went her way to please everyone, she grew up to be an anti-social and a cautious teenager.

I sighed. I guess I did that to her, turned her into freaking tomboy. Damn. It must have been really my fault. Granted, I was just a kid who can't express his feelings properly back then, I shouldn't still had let out all my frustrations about my family to her. She didn't even remember me now. Lance knew who I was the moment he saw me and he understood why I said those mean things to her. He even knew about my feelings for her but it was all up to me not to screw up things. As if things weren't already fucked up.

I stood up, dismissing the depressing thoughts away, and then grabbed my skateboard. Brock and Carter looked at me as I passed but I just ignored them. Lance had to take Rei home because she had demanded to go home and he didn't want to make her leave all by herself. I got into my car and slammed it shut. I turned the volume up, My Chemical Romance blasting on the speakers, and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, someone got in the car and turned off the music. I opened my eyes to see Lance.

"My ears are still blistering from the lecture I got from my sister, you know," he said, glaring at me. "I had to buy her ice cream just to get her to shut up on the way home."

I sighed as I turned on my music, not up to hearing Lance whine about his sister. I didn't want to think about her just yet. But Lance slapped my hand away and turned off the music again. My hand itched to punch him. This was my car, my seats and my music. But I kept my cool. I knew Lance was only doing this to aggravate me.

"Then you shouldn't have escorted her home," I replied indifferently.

"Whatever," he said curtly. "I thought you were going to make her like you not piss her even more."

I sent him a steely glare. Hell, he was annoying. I guess it ran in the family.

"Yeah, so? Are you going to tell me off for being a dick?"

"Not really. I was just going to tell you that you don't want her to dislike you even more. My sister even hates breathing the same air you breathe now."

I snorted as I leaned back on my seat.

"I feel the same way, Lance," I drawled out, not meeting his eyes.

Lance raised a brow at me as he shifted on his seat so that he was facing me.

"Sure, you do," he deadpanned.

"I don't even like her."

"Really."

"She's not even hot. I like my women long, blond and hot."