Cinderella's Transformation

I stared at the mirror, completely disbelieving that the girl in front of me was really me. Selene and Kate were wearing identical triumphant looks as they watched me twirl in front of the mirror a couple of times.

"Is it truly me?" I gasped, feeling truly amazed at my transformation and how the girl I was seeing was not like the Rei Taylor that I knew. "You guys are really artists if you can make drabby, old Rei look like a real princess."

"If we're artists then you are definitely our masterpiece," Selene said like a proud mom.

"Perfect. She is absolutely perfect," Kate squealed, clapping her hands with glee.

I smiled at their reflection in the mirror, which they returned in kind. Selene and Kate were both stunning in their dresses. Selene was wearing a long and sparkling teal dress embellished with dazzling rhinestones with a full layered skirt. It was a perfect dress for a fashion diva like her. Kate was wearing an elegant short light pink dress with a low cut back on the jewel encrusted sleeveless bodice. It featured a high neckline and tie bow at the waist which made her look even slimmer and gorgeous.

Then I looked back at the beautiful girl in front of me.

Gone were the punk black clothes and high-tops that I always wore and in their place was a stunning long white dress featuring a sequin bust with a sweetheart neckline. The empire waist flattered my figure and the loose fitting floor length A-line skirt made me look like one of those Disney princesses. I had absolutely fallen in love with it when I saw it in the mall.

I suddenly felt anxious as I turned to them.

"Do you think Von will like it?" I asked, gesturing to my dress. "Won't he think that I'm too plain?"

"Like it?" Selene scoffed. "He will certainly love it! And plain? Are you insulting me? Do you think I do things half-heartedly? Oh, Von is so going to freak," she continued, adjusting a few loose hairs around my face. "You're too beautiful not to be noticed by all the other guys in the ball. He's going to have his hands full fending them away."

"He wouldn't use his hands silly," Kate said. "One glare. Just one glare and they'll be running away like scared rabbits."

I felt excited again. I gazed at my two best friends and felt like I was the luckiest girl in the whole wide world to have such great friends.

"Oh, my gosh," I whispered wistfully. "You're both amazing. I can't believe that you turned freaky Rei into a princess. It's like my fairy tale fantasy all over again."

Kate and Selene grinned at me.

"Now all we have to do is hook you up with your prince charming." Kate said.

Gathering the things we need and placing them inside our clutches, we headed out of the room. Just when I was about to walk down the stairs, Selene stopped me. She winked at me before following Kate down the stairs.

I blinked. What was that all about?

Kate waltzed to Carter's side. I saw the way Carter stared at Kate and how Kate blushed when he began whispering to her ears and I felt a little envious of them.

Kevin was staring at Selene hungrily but he was patient enough not to intervene on whatever his devious girlfriend was planning. Lance was long gone to his date's house. And the only other guy in the room was Von. My heart began to beat faster when I spotted him that I was almost afraid it was going to jump out of my chest.

He was typing furiously on his cell phone and from above the stairs, I could tell he looked gorgeous in the black suit he was wearing.

Before I could guess what Selene was up to, she, once reaching the first floor, coughed exaggeratedly to get everyone's attention in the living room. "I present to you, people, the lovely Rei Taylor," Selene announced.