Von to the rescue! Or not.

Von was really pissed. 

No, he was incredibly furious. I could tell by his reaction when he saw me the next day. 

Even though I went to school quite early, he surprised me by being early, too. When he saw me enter the courtyard, he launched himself immediately at me. I panicked and ran, screaming. There weren't many people around, only a few people studying and some jocks practicing so I could scream all I want and he could trash me as well without being bothered too.

I was so intent on escaping that I failed to realize that he was no longer following me. After a few minutes of running, I glanced back and didn't see him. I immediately became suspicious. After all, he might know some shortcuts around the school.

I hid behind a large bush by the school parking lot. All that running made me breathless so I laid down the ground, making sure I wasn't easy to spot. I was wearing a green hoodie so I was pretty much camouflaged. I took out my headphones and listened to some rock music. I slowly began to drift into sleep as I was pretty much comfortable when all of a sudden, I was gasping for air because something heavy fell on top of me. It was a boy. His skateboard was prodding my side and I tried to push them both away.

"Get... off!" I managed to wheeze out.

I sat up with a groan when he got off me and glared at him while rubbing my side. He was rubbing his backside and then he inspected his skateboard for damages. After breathing out a sigh of relief, he glanced at me and gave me a sheepish grin.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Here, let me give you a hand."

I took the hand he held and he pulled me up. I groaned when I felt pain shoot through my stomach and I was sure I was going to have a bruise there by tonight. He gave me a worried look and moved forward to steady me but I raised a hand to stop him.

"No, it's okay."

He frowned. "But you're obviously hurt."

"It'll pass," I replied then winced when I felt it again. "I better get going to class now."

He tried once more to help me but I waved him off and trudged inside. The pain began to slowly subside once I sat in the only empty seat in the back. Kate was in the middle row. She waved at me and I waved back. I noticed the girl beside her looking at me and when she saw that I was looking at her, she smiled at me. I gave her a small smile in return and they both faced forward together when the teacher began the class.

"Sorry I wasn't able to save you a seat," Kate said to me once class was over. "It completely slipped my mind 'coz I was trying to finish some assignments."

"It's alright," I assured her. "I didn't mind."

"Phew," she pretended to wipe non-existent sweat on her forehead, "And there I thought you were going to say what a horrible friend I was."

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics. "Anyway, who was that girl beside you? She kind of smiled at me."

She startled me by slapping her forehead, "Oh yeah, I forgot," she smiled at me, "I was going to introduce you to her. She's one of my friends. I guess I'll have to introduce you to her later along with the others when we have lunch together."

I let out a nervous laugh then I winced because it made my stomach hurt a bit.

"Are you okay?" Kate asked with a frown. "Does your stomach hurt?"

"It's nothing," I told her. "Someone was just clumsy enough to mistake me for a ramp."

I told Kate about the bush incident, leaving the part about me hiding there in the first place and making it sound like I was just resting for a bit there. She gave me a weird look like she could tell I was hiding something more but she must have decided not to voice it out. But I was certain that she's going to ask me, anyway.