Chapter 17 - Too late.

Notorious.

Notorious ducked under the beast as it ran at her, sliding beneath its legs and then standing up behind it.

She glanced at Jason, still unconscious under a small pile of rubble.

"Jase? Jase dear, now would be a great time to wake up." She called.

He mumbled some incomprehensible words but remained asleep.

She sighed and ran at the beats back, plunging her knife into its back. But for all it was worth she may as well have been hitting it with a twig.

Stabbing it only did one thing, piss it off.

"Jason!" She tried again.

Notorious sighed and threw a pebble at his head, using the air around her to launch it.

"Ow! What was that fo- Holy shit what is that?" He jumped up, quickly brandishing his own blade.

"Thanks for joining me. Now, might i ask what the hell you're doing here?"

The eximius took a swing at Notorious but she ducked and swiped her knife upwards, slicing into the back of its arm.

"Can we please not talk about this now?" Jason moaned, swinging low at the beast only to have it bat the blade from his hands.

Notorious used the air and made the knife fly back towards his hands.

He caught it and Notorious narrowed her eyes. "So you've come here armed and wearing battle gear, obviously expecting a fight, how did you even find this place?" She called.

The beast went for Jason and Notorious threw her knife into its leg. It fell to the ground and Notorious ran and retrieved her blade before it had a chance to  stand back up.

Jason sighed. "Adam and Steve came looking for you to tell you that Edmond had excaped-" Jason blocked a swipe from the beast and kicked it in the knee. "-From the cells and that it was another vampire that helped him get away. So i went after the vampire."

Notorious kicked the same knee that Jason had just hit and there was a snapping noise as the beasts leg broke.

"I followed Edmond here, small world." Notorious said thoughtfully.

The beats backed off a few steps, whimpering over its broken limb, but the whimpers turned to growls as its anger grew.

"Jase, under. Go for the ankles." 

The eximius charged and so did Notorious and Jason. They both slid underneath the beast, slicing at its ankles as they skidded through its legs.

The Vampire-were-wolf fell to the ground and Notorious caught her breath for a moment. Jason was doing the same just as the beast made a final lunge. 

Jason fell under the eximius and Notorious ran forward, growing her claws and jumping onto the beast, plunging her nails into its back and pulling out two giant chunks of flesh.

The eximius went limp and Notorious helped Jason to roll it off of him.

Notorious was now panting from the effort. 

"Are... Y-you okay?" She breathed.

Jason pushed the hair from his face, which was stuck to his forehead with sweat.

He lifted up the sleeve of his shirt to reveal a bloody cut in the shape of... Teeth.

"No, no no, I'll- I'll get Laylan and he can fix this, I-I promise, he can fix this..." Notorious shook her head violently as tears started to roll down her cheeks.