Chapter: 60

STEFAN P.O.V.

I would have never pictured this was the way it would end...

I always thought it'd be peaceful, no cruelty what so ever, she never deserved that...

 My world has changed completely, all I can see in my future now is hate and chaos...

This was not suppose to happen, it wasnt her fault what was going on, she was merely caught in the crossfires...

 I am covered in blood...

Not just any blood...

It was hers...

DAMON P.O.V.

I tried to save her, but it was to late... 

she was gone... 

I held her body in my arms, I can't picture a world without her...

 I'd have to picture it without her in it now...

MOMENTS BEFORE...

DAMON P.O.V.

We pushed opened the door. As we walked into what looked like a  bedroom, we couldnt even tell if it was a bedroom because everything was soaked in blood. The bedroom window was shattered, clothes were laying everywhere on the wooden floor covered in blood, the bed sheets were also soaked in blood, and the walls were dripping of blood and were covered with bloody handprints. We took in the scene and I began to worry more as we walked further into the room. I would glimpse at Stefan from time to time wondering what he was thinking, with the amount of blood that covered the room no one could've survived with such blood lost. At this point we would eventually find a dead body laying around here. I walked over to the closet and opened it, womans clothes spilled out, Stefan was trying to move the mattress that seemed to be stuck on something. As Stefan continued to  nudge it some more hoping itd move, thats when I saw a pool of blood forming.

''Stefan there is definitely something underneath the mattress'' I said 

''Why do you say that?'' Stefan asked

''Cause everytime you try and move it blood pours out from underneath it'' I said worriedly

''Get the other side and will lift it up to check what it is'' Stefan said, already picking it up from one side.

''Stefan...'' I said, worried on what we'd find.

''Damon let's hurry so we can find Elena and get the hell out of here'' Stefan said 

I reluctantly picked it up from the other side and as we lifted it up I could see a hand laying lifelessly on the wooden floor. I looked at Stefan and I knew he hadnt seen the hand, thats when I decided I couldnt lift it up furthe, I immediately dropped it back down.

''What are you doing Damon?" Stefan asked angrily 

''I just cant do it'' I said 

''Do what? Lift this up...you know what I can do it by myself'' Stefan said as he lifted it up.

I didnt know why I was acting this way, it couldnt be Elena,  she is probably lost in the forest and this must be Danyel. I was so caught up in my thoughts that it took me a minute to hear the scream and the crying. I looked up to see Stefan kneeling on the ground in tears, he was covered in blood as if he had been holding someone in his arms.

''Whats wrong?'' I said walking over to him

Thats when my heart sank and the tears began to fall down my cheeks.

''ELENA!!!'' I said as I fell to the ground beside my brother.

Stefan cradled her in his arms and cried, eventually he layed her on the ground and stood up and ran out of the room yelling.

''WHERE ARE YOU!!! SON OF A BITCH BE A MAN AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!'' Stefan yelled and cursed, he punched a mirror that was in the hallway and screamed.

I immediately reacted and bite my wrist and placed it over Elena's body. It didnt matter if shed turn, all it would matter that shed be alive, didnt matter how. I held her in my arms and waited for it to work, but minutes passed and nothing changed, she still was in my arms lifelessly.

''Please Elena dont leave us, we need you, I need you...'' I whispered to her, knowing she wouldnt hear. 

I heard a noise coming from downstairs and Stefan began to run down the stairs. I heard nothing after that, until I heard a creak outside the room caused by the wooden floors, I looked up too see Elijah, Tyler, Matt, and Jeremy. 

''Elijah please help me, I know it isnt too late'' I said desperatley

At that point Jeremy was histerical and Matt held him close to his chest as he cried too. Elijah walked over to me and knelt down to my level. I looked at him, and saw no hope in his eyes.

''Damon, set her down'' Elijah said 

''Why...'' I said 

I set her back down and thats when Elijah grabbed me tightly and held me. I tried to fight free angrily until I gave up and broke down in screams and tears. Elijah continued to hold me tightly, I squeezed his arm, and cursed at the wind. 

''Damon Ive been through this and I wont lie, this pain will probably last for a century but it will heal, you wont forget but the pain will lessen'' Elijah said softly

''I just cant do this, I just need to be alone right now'' I said quietly, mostly in shock on what have just occured.

''Understandable'' Elijah said and let me go.

As soon as he let me go, I quickly ran out of the house and into the night, memories flooding in my mind. I wasnt sure where I was heading but one things for sure I had to leave Mystic Falls, everything reminded me of her.

STEFAN P.O.V.

As soon as I saw Elijah downstairs with the others I took off. I couldnt deal with being in that house any longer. I at first had no direction to head too, I felt the darkness creeping in inside me, I had to shut it all off. I stood in the middle of the road that lead to the entrance of Mystic Falls, I looked at the dark sky and closed my eyes, as soon as I did I felt everything just shut down completely inside of me. I opened my eyes to find car headlights coming my way, I stood there as the car abruptly stopped once in front of me, a blonde woman stepped out and ran to me.

''Oh my god, are you okay?'' The woman said 

''I am better then okay'' I said smiling 

''But your covered in blood...'' The woman said before she was cut off.

Something quickly flashed past me and had grabbed the woman. I angrily looked around until my eyes layed on the man standing over the womans dead body. I could hear the slurps he'd take drinking her blood. I easily recognized him with the leather jacket and obviously Id have to recognize him cause he was  my brother. 

''She was mine'' I said laughing 

''You were too slow, brother'' Damon said turning around, blood dripping down his chin.

''Share at least'' I said smirking

''Id share but I sucked the life out of this one'' Damon said laughing

''I missed this'' I said 

''I know, now brother I think we should look for someone in specific'' Damon said 

''I know who...'' I said with a wicked smile forming on my lips

''We better get going then New Orleans isnt so close'' Damon said cleaning off the blood