❄Prolouge❄

Our Christmas Wish. Copyright © December 2016. All rights reserved.

Song: Winter Dream (Brandon's song)- Kelly Clarkson

Once upon a Christmas, I fell in love. This love wasn't just some ordinary love you read about in teen fiction– oh no. It was so much more extravagant, swoon-worthy, life-thrilling– whatever majestical word you could think of. It was a one of a kind love.

And I was lucky enough to have had it twice, but cursed enough to also lose it twice.

The first time was the most challenging and new. I was a young eighteen year old girl, trying to find my place in what adults called "the real world", and I will admit, it was a struggle. Fresh out of high school and trying to find a good ivy league college that would accept you was a new challenge.

Luckily for me, Harvard was good enough to accept me, and helped me on the path to pursue my dream of becoming a lawyer. A little into my first semester, I met him. He was tall, muscular, mysterious, and the kind of guy you wanted to figure out. Once I got to know him, he was sweet, caring, hilarious, and he had the biggest heart out of anyone I had every met, and I instantly fell in love with him.

He was Tanner Vitale.

Everyday felt like a new day with us, and I can honestly say I was completely love struck, which might of been a bad thing on my part. All of the girls loathed me for having the hottest guy in school, but I saw so much more to him than his looks. He was everything I dreamed of–his vibrant green eyes, dazzling smile, and light brown hair was just a bonus.

We dated for a year, which was into the second semester of the school year, and he proposed to me. After we were let out of college for the summer, we had our wedding (also known as the best night of my life), and nine months later we had our first baby girl, Avery.

We lasted another three months, until he decided the married life and being a father was too much, divorced me, and walked out on our daughter and our love. I was devastated– completely heartbroken. I was so lost without him, and I hated him the longest time for leaving our daughter and I. The fear of her not knowing her father was always in my mind, and I couldn't bear to think about the heartbreak it would cause her.

That was the first marriage, and the first divorce.

Around the time Avery turned three, Tanner came back. He was excited to see his baby girl, and after a long talk, he convinced me that he wasn't going anywhere, and we got back together. I was in my third year of college, and he had finished, got his master's degree, and was now a meteorologist at The Weather Channel in Georgia, where we both lived before college.

I had been in a bind, trying to take care of Avery, go to college, and afford for us to live, but when Tanner came back, all of that changed, and life seemed better. So, the second time of our infinite love began, and it was so much better and magnificent than the first time. We bought a new house, spent time with Avery, and every little moment was one to cherish. We were together for four months, got remarried, and then the unthinkable happened.

He found another girl.

And I was pregnant with our second child.

Once again, he left, this time moving closer to where he worked with the new girl, and I was once again left with our little girl, and another child on the way. I was constantly in and out of school, and eventually I had to move back in with my parents so they could help me with Avery, and I could still attend college. Nine months later, and Malia was born. Tanner missed her birth, and I never heard from him since. All I knew was that he was booming in the weather network, and his new girlfriend was "the love of his life".

Today, I am in my fourth year of college, since I changed my mind and decided being a supreme court judge was more my style, and have three years to go. Avery is four, and Malia is one. She is still struggling to walk and talk, but she is pulling through. They are beautiful girls, and I couldn't be more proud of them.

I know Avery is still hurting from not getting to see her daddy, and it kills me everyday to see her beg for him, or wish for him to come back. Malia is too young to know what is going on, but I fear what she will expect in the future.

Tanner is now the lead meteorologist on The Weather Channel, and I am still pulling by my teeth to get by with our two daughters, and the heartache never fades away. I miss him everyday, and I am always hoping for some miracle that would bring him back to me.

So, here is the story of how that miracle came,

And my Christmas wish.

***

Characters:

Bailey Jones Vitale

Tanner Vitale

Avery Vitale

Malia Vitale