⛄Tanner⛄

Song: Christmas Just Ain't Christmas Without The One You Love- The O'Jays

"A cold front will be moving in, causing a blizzard to form." I dragged my finger along the map, showing where the cold front was moving. "If you are in the Colorado area or traveling, I suggest you either delay your trip or find a hotel to stay at; this storm is going to be historic."

Marvin signaled to end the show, and I smiled into the camera.

"Stay safe and warm everyone. This is Tanner Vitale, your local weatherman." Marvin flashed me a thumbs up.

"And cut! Great job Tanner, you get better everyday." I gave him a smile as I loosened my tie and walked back to my office. I sat at my desk, looking over the latest weather reports from the surrounding cities, and figured out which route would be the best to travel.

This weekend I planned on going out to Georgia to see my parents, but since I lived in North Dakota, I had a long way to travel, and worst of all, I had to travel alone.

I glanced up from the reports and smiled at the picture sitting on my desk. In the picture was my little girl, Avery, and she had a big smile on her face. Her first two teeth had came in, and I was around to see it. I regretted not seeing her in the past four years, but I knew I couldn't go back.

Not when I had hurt the only girl I truly loved so bad.

I couldn't face her, knowing I left her and Avery. I also couldn't face her knowing I missed the birth of our second child. I ran my hand over the ring on my finger, and let out a sigh before walking out of my office and locking the door. I grabbed my jacket from the coat rack and walked over to Marvin's desk.

"Hey man, I'm leaving for the day. I will see you when I get back from Georgia." Marvin smiled at me and nodded his head.

"Alright man, see you then." I began to walk toward the front doors of the building. "Hey Tanner?"

I turned back to him and raised my eyebrows.

"Try not to think about her too much. I'm sure it will work out if it is really meant to be." I nodded my head and gave him a sad smile. He knew about the girl who had invaded my thoughts 24/7 for the past four years– the girl who consumed every part of me and left me going crazy.

That girl was Bailey Jones, or I as knew her because I was married to her twice, Bailey Vitale.

I walked out to my silver Mercedes, turned on the heat, and started the drive back to my house. I lived in a small neighbored in North Dakota, so things were pretty quiet.

As I pulled in my driveway, I saw my girlfriend Megan putting up Christmas lights in our bay window. For a moment, I looked at her and thought I saw Bailey smiling at me, and my heart beat quickened. I shook my head and looked at her again, and Megan's face returned.

What I would give to see that smile again.

I hopped out of my car and walked into the house. Soft Christmas music filled the house, and the smell of cookies baking filled my nose. A small smile played on my lips, and I walked into the living room to see Megan smiling at me.

"Hey babe, how was work?" I walked over and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Good. I have to finish packing for Georgia, but maybe before I leave we could have dinner?" She shook her head eagerly, and I gave her a small smile before walking to our bedroom.

I sat my bag on the bed and threw in a couple more pairs of clothes, my charger, pillow, and blanket, and a picture I kept of Bailey and Avery. I didn't know why I still had it– I just knew it kept me calm when I felt like the world was falling apart.