Warmth Chapter 7

I felt warm. Not that uncomfortably hot, but thar cozy happy kind of warm. I painfully opened my eyes. Wherever I was, there was dim lighting and I felt comfortable. My vision was still blurry so I couldn't make out the place, I really hope I wasn't somewhere scary or at a house of a rapist. I don't think I was though, I weakly tried to raise my hand but a fluffy blanket stopped me in my tracks. I was too tired to do anything right now, I just wanted to go back to sleep, so I did.

---

When I woke up this time, I was more awake and felt like I had more energy than last time. I opened my eyes, and my vision was perfectly fine. My eyes widen when I realized where I was; home. Quickly, I tried to sit up but there was a sharp pain in my stomach and a stabbing action happening in my back, I let out a quiet yelp of pain and slide back down to a laid down position. How did I get here? Last thing I remember, I was on the concrete. I winced at the thought at how I even face planted onto the sidewalk. That's because Sonic never came... I looked around to find myself in my living room, my favourite throw over blanket loosely wrapped around my body. I lifted my head just enough for me to see my front entrance. Of course I saw my endless pairs of shoes lining up on the shoe rack, but what I was really looking for was a pair of guest shoes. There wasn't a pair of guest shoes in sight. I flop my head back down and let out a loud sigh. I need food.

"Looks like you're finally awake."

I jolted forward surprised and collapsed back down onto the couch when the pain became unbearable. I look over to my side to see Shadow sitting on the floor directly in front of me. Shadow! Of all the people that could have be in my house, I would never expect the guy I hate the most to pick me off the streets.

Shadow shifted position and tilted his head back. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

I tried to say something but my throat was incredibly dry. The only that came out was rough coughs. Shadow took the hint and got up to get a glass of water. When he came back, he wasn't just carrying a glass of water. He placed the bowl of veggie soup on the small round table and held onto the glass of water in his hand.

"Can you drink this without my help?"

I weakly nodded and reached out to clasp the glass of water. For some reason, my fingers wouldn't close around the small glass, instead, it fell through and I closed my eyes ready to hear the glass scattering, but it never came. I opened my eyes to see Shadow holding the glass, he caught it before it hit. I was impressed.

He shifted closer to me and put one hand behind my back to support me. He lightly pushed me forward as he brought the glass of water closer to my lip. When the water finally slid down my throat, it felt heavenly. It felt like I was drinking from the fountain of youth and I was ten times more alive.

I drank the whole glass, with only final gulp, I felt like I could finally speak properly. "Thank you, I really needed that."

Shadow didn't respond or even bother to nod. He simply stood back up and refilled the glass of water and sat back down, placing the glass on the table. Typical Shadow. Even when it's just me, you still try to act all cool and silent.  He picked up the bowl of soup and stirred the mixture around with the spoon. He scooped a spoonful and lifted it near my face. W-wait. W-what??

"What? Are you stupid or something? Hurry up and eat the soup." Shadow spoke in an unfazed harsh tone and looked a bit annoyed with how long it was taking for me to eat it.

"I-I'm not stupid! I just feel weird you know, being fed by you."

Without any emotion showing, he placed the bowl back down on the table and leaned back using his right arm to support his weight. "Suit yourself. If you think you can feed yourself, grab the bowl."

I felt my cheeks growing hot and my face scrunching up with annoyance. I tried to sit up again but the pain in my stomach was just too much for me. I fell back down and stared up at the ceiling for a moment before turning my head to Shadow. He had that stupid sly half smirk and was staring right back at me, eyelids slightly drooping. God I hate him so much. He totally knew I wouldn't be able to grab the bowl.

"F-fine... I'll eat from you f-feeding me."

Shadow scoffed and grab the bowl off the table, he lifted the spoon and brought it to my mouth. I knew I was blushing, but I didn't care, I only wanted to eat. I opened wide and let Shadow slip the spoon into my mouth. The soup was delicious, the warm broth sliding down my throat and I felt like I could feel it coating the inside of my stomach. I opened my mouth again as a sign that I wanted seconds. We repeated this task until there was nothing left, and I fell back asleep.

Authors note!
Hehe, who liked that cliff hanger that I did last chapter ;)? Well guess what, there's more where that came from! ALSO I FORGOT TO ADD A 6 TO THE LAST CHAPTER SORRY SORRY , I don't know if I should edit it back in without sending a notification to everyone and being a real inconvenience ;-; I hope you guys are enjoying the story, because I'm enjoying writing it. Remember to vote or comment please and thanks (motivates me to do more chapters) also,  from this point in, I'll be posting a new chapter of this story every week, unless ya know, proven otherwise. But yeah! Thank you for reading the story! Ttyl~