Chapter 1: Link Start!

Mason sat in his dorm room after finishing a ton of homework. He took a deep breathe. "FINALLY!" he said as he exhaled. The day had come for him to try out his new Nerve Gear online gaming helmet. he heard from his family back at home that his two little brothers were playing the next game in the Super Smash Brothers franchise. His time to join the fray had finally come.

                 "Alright guys. Here I come!" Mason said laying on his bed. He set the Nerve Gear on his head and turned it in. "Okay, here goes nuthin'. LINK START!!!" he said before his mind was transmitted into the internet. There he created a new smasher account and customized his avatar. He made it look alot like himself with the dark skin and short cut black hair. He wore a black t-shirt with a white Lucario silhouette on one arm. He also wore baggy gray pants with black shoes. He added a pair of wristbands and fingerless gloves to top it off. At that his virtual body was formed and he dived into the world of New Smash.

Soon...

                "Uggh, my head. Where am I?" Mason moaned, struggling to open his eyes. He saw a blurry blue figure.

                "Hello there new timer. Welcome to the world of New Smash." said the figure."I'm Megaman. I'll be assisting you in getting settled here. Would your name happen to be Mason? Some others were looking for you." Megaman said.

                 "Yeah, that's my name. And OH MY GOODNESS, IT'S MEGAMAN!!!" Mason got up and examined the Blue Bomber's body, confirming that it was a real Megaman. "I can't believe this, I'm actually in the Super Smash Bros. universe.

                    "Yes, I'm going to show you around, but like I said, some people are looking for you. Please follow me." Megaman said.

                           "Okay." Mason said following along.

Soon...

                      "Bro!" yelled a familiar voice.

                     "Could that be? No way...Myles?!"

                   "And don't forget me!" 

                "And Morgan too?" Mason said surprised.

            Mason's oldest younger brother Myles' avatar had slightly lighter skin than Mason's. However, he gave himself orange, spiky hair. he wore a black jacket with an orange undershirt along with black jeans and black and orange shoes. The youngest of the brothers, Morgan, wore a longsleeved yellow shirt with black shorts and grey and black shoes.

                   "These are the guys who wanted to see you. It's a good thing you're all together. Now you can all go on the tutorial at the same time." Megaman said.

                   "Wait, I thought you've been playing this ever since it was released." Mason said, confused.

                  "Nope, we wouldn't start the next generation of Smash without you bro." Myles said.

                   "Dude, we're brothers. We would'nt be Smash Brothers if we didn't do this together." Morgan explained.

                    "Hey Megaman. About that tutorial, we're not going to need it. We always learn things the hard way. It makes us better that way." Mason said.

                   "Oh, well okay then. But if you ever need any assistance, you can always contact me. I'm already stored in your contacts for smasher assistance. Seeya." Megaman waved and walked off. 

                      "MARIO AND SONIC ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!" somebody yelled. Everyone's attention was turned to a giant video screen featuring the two famous fighters. 

                      "Those two really are some serious rivals. Who do you think will win?" Mason asked.

                    "Mario." Myles replied.

                    "Sonic" said yet another familar voice.

                 "Only one person would disagree with me like that." Myles sighed.

                "Hey Ems." Mason said. 

               "Hi Mason, suprising to see you here." 

             "Surprising? I live for this game. What are you talking about?" Mason replied.

          Emily, one of Mason's best friends wore a blue t-shirt with the Unova Pokemon starters on it. She also wore blue jeans and white sneakers.

               "They're both dedicated fighters, it could be anyone's game." Morgan stated.

             "We'll have to see about that. C'mon Mario. You da' man!" Myles cheered. 

Soon...

             "SUDDEN DEATH!!!" was announced.

             "Of course Sonic beats Mario to the punch." Mason said. 

             "Not quite bro." Myles said as Mario used his cape after Sonic charged to attack, spinning the hedgehog around. Sonic faced the other way and threw his attack as Mario smacked Sonic in the back with his fire-burst attack. Sonic was KOd.

             "Rats!" Emily said. 

               "Sometimes, Mario will have that tacticle advantage. Plus he's been at it way longer than Sonic, Ems." Mason explained.

                  "I guess you're right. Sudden Death changes everything doesn't it?" Emily replied.

                 "It sure does." Mason sighed."But anyway, I'm gonna look around. I'll see how I can become the best smasher around here. And I'll accomplish my goal. Seeya around Ems." Mason said walking off.

                "*sigh* That boy will never change will he?" Emily said.

              "He tries so hard, yet he'll never be at my level." Myles added with a grin.

             "Still you shouldn't underestimate him. you know how he studies all the battle styles of other players. He may have some new tricks up his sleeve." Morgan said. 

            "We'll have to see about that. C'mon, let's follow him." Myles said. They ran off, kicking up a cloud of dust as they went.

Emily was left behind, coughing in the dust. She sighed. "Boys."