Chapter 6: The Game Plan.

The next day...

     "Link start!" Mason said, logging in to the Smash world.

     "Hey, look! Mason's here." Klein said as Mason arrived.

     "What took ya so long Mason?" Emily complained.

      "I was thinking up a plan, you know when it comes to Smash Bros. I'm an expert strategist."

         "So what's the plan? How are we going to figure this mess out?"

       "Simple, we just go to the bad guy who poses the least threat.?" Mason said.

         "And that would be?" Klein asked.

        "Bowser." Mason, Emily, Sonic, and Megaman stated together.

       "Then what are we waiting for? Let's find this guy and get some answers!" Klein said pounding his fists.

           "Hold it pal. I could run there in no time, but that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you. So I called in some more back-up." Sonic stated. Suddenly, a green pipe burst from the ground, striking the hedgehog in the chin. Out of it popped the plumber of justice, Mario himself.

            "Wah-hoo! It'sa me, Mario!" he exclaimed.

Sonic popped up, infuriated with an irritated look on his face. "WHAT THE HECK, JUMP-MAN!" He yelled angrily.

               "Oh, Sonic it'sa you. Hey,what the heck-a happened to your chin?"

         "YOUR STUPID PIPE, THAT'S WHAT!" Sonic screamed, strangling Mario and delivering quick knee-kicks to his stomach.

          "Why-a you little..." Mario growled, beginning to fight back. But Mason interupted, in the form of Lucario, jumping between them and striking them both in their stomachs, sendiing them flying in opposite directions.

         "Man, I knew they were rivals, but this is just too much." Emily said.

         "Now, without any further distractions...." Mason said glaring at Mario and Sonic, who sat by each other with their backs against each other, crossing their arms. "... lets go to Bowser's castle!"

        "Oh-yeah, lets-a go!" Mario said calling upon his warp pipe. "Follow-a me." he added, jumping up and diving into the pipe.

          "Are you sure this is safe?" Klien asked.

         "Sure is." Emily said hopping in.

         "Get in there!" Mason said, kicking him in and hopping in himself.

        "Not cooooool...." Klein screamed as he fell.

        "I'll just warp there." Megaman said.

        "You guys better not slow me down." Sonic said, spin-dashing down the pipe as it sunk back into the ground. 

Soon...

        Mario's warp pipe appeared outside of a dark and creepy castle with a huge statue of Bowser coming from the top of it.

       Everyone came bursting out of the warp pipe, hitting the ground in pain. Sonic,being the last one, climbs out calmly. "Told ya not to slow me down." He shrugged.

    "Man, that hurt." Morgan said.

        "At least you don't have quills in your back. Anyway, what now?" Klein said.

      "Simple, we storm the castle!" Mason cheered. "C'mon, isn't it obvious?"

      "WHAT!!! WE'LL JUST GO AND WALK IN JUST LIKE THAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?!!!" Klein gasped. 

          "Uh, yeah. I mean Mario there does it all the time. Isn't that right Mario?" 

        "Oh yeah!" Mario cheered with a thumbs-up sign.

         "Are you telling me that you've never played the Mario games before? You come from Japan, don't you? That's Mario's birthplace. Well technically it would be Brooklyn, but he was designed in Japan. You should know something about him."

          "I never really got into games when I was young. Didn't have the money. SAO was really my first major gaming experience." Klein explained. 

          "Man, that's harsh." Sonic said. "But everybody should know who I am!" he said with a cocky grin.

           "I'm sorry, who are you?"

           Sonic then fainted, falling to the ground, seeming life-less. 

         "Well, we've officially determined that Klein doesn't know his video game characters."

          "I know all about Megaman." Klein said

         "Awesome!" Megaman cheered, but he noticed that he was getting two angry stares from Mario and Sonic.

           "Hey, can we hurry it up here? We're kinda on a mission here." Emily butted in, shoving the three away from each other. 

            "Right! Let's move in." Mason commanded, leading the group into the castle. "Alright, Bowser. Here we come!"