Chapter 4: Klein's training.

Mason and his friends: Klein and Emily have been traveling through the new world of Smash, brawling with others here and there. However, Klein's skills needed improving, as he was losing every match he entered in. Mason offered to train him in the ways of the  smasher in his own handbook consisting of four steps.

         "Step 1! Always know your character's limits! Each character has their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on their arsenal, characters will have certain abilities that can affect your performance in different environments with either ease or difficulty." Mason explained, demonstrating with his use of his best characters. He explained that each character has a different skill for movement speed, jumping, and overall battle techniques. "Some characters are made for defense. Like Pikachu for instance, he can use his attacks to get his distance and use his speed to make a quick getaway." he explained.

           "Awww, he's so cute!" Klein said reaching out to pet him.

           "Nuh-uh , I swear if you try to pet me, I will zap you."

        "C'mon Klien, let's gang up on him. I just wanna schweeeze those wittle cheeks of his!" Emily said.

        "Oh no, not you too Ems! And what's with the baby talk?"

          The two then tackled Mason. "Quick, get him behind the ears!" Emily ordered.

          "No, not the ears! That's my weak spot!" Mason yelled, squirming in Emily's surprisingly strong grip. But it was too late. Klein was able to scratch behind Mason's ear, which calmed his senses, leaving him completely defenseless. He layed there like a ragdoll with a little bit of drool rolling down his mouth. "Crap, why Emileeerrrrrrr......" was Mason's last words before Emily grabbed his cheeks and stretched them like play-doh.

Soon....

            "Alright, now that there aren't any more distractions...Step 2! Use the random items to your advantage! You'll never know what you can do with the many items that can pop up here and there." Mason said spawning many random items and a sandbag dummy.  He then demonstrated, attacking the dummy without any items. "As you can see, you can be pretty powerful when attacking on your own. But when you have items...." Mason then grabbed a baseball bat, used an upward attack to send the dummy into the air, threw the bat upwards, smacking the dummy in the back, caught the bat, jumped in the air as the dummy landed, threw the bat down, smacking the dummy again, caught the bat again while he landed and swung a home run swing! The sandbag dummy was sent flying into a wall and bounced back to the ground, faceplanting, but somehow, it still got up."...your power is expanded.!" he finished.

           "Step 3! Shuffle your best characters! Sometimes the trick to winning a match may be in the selection of a differeent character. Train with about 3-5 different characters" Mason said demonstrating the advantages of his main characters: Lucario, Wolf O'Donnel, Lucas, Meta Knight, and Pikachu.

         "Oh Mason." Emily called.

         "Don't you dare do it again!" Mason screamed to Emily. But he was caught off-gaurd from behind by Klein who scratched behind his pikachu ears again. "Awww, Not agaaaaaiirrrr......." he said like a dying robot, faceplanting with a few twitches.

                Emily then grabbed his cheeks again and stretched away.

               'I've really got to stop turnig into Pikachu' Mason thought.

 Soon...

          "OKAY! Last but not least, Step#4! GET THE SMASH BALL! This is the most important step of all. It wil determine the fate of the fighters in the match." Mason said spawning a smash ball. "I want you both to try and take this smash ball. To make it interesting I'll even be Pikachu. If you beat me, I'll let you pet me for three days straight." Mason said, turning into Pikachu.