Chapter 14: Closer

"Is it over?" Asuna said, looking sick.

      "I told ya I'd get us here in one piece." Myles chuckled.

     "But you practically recked the ship in the process ya idiot!" Asuna yelled back.

     "Cool it Asuna, at least we're alive." Kirito said.

     "According to Kirby, Mason should be on this space station. I'm guessing that's the ship they used over there." 

      "Hey bro, it  looks like somebody's in that ship." Morgan said.

....

     "Dang it! Why won't they respond!" Sonic yelled angrily.

    "Has-a something bad-a happened to them already?" Mario said.

    BANG BANG! The four smashers turned to see Myles jumping up and banging on the window.

Soon...

     "So you're the brothers Mason was talking about. I'm pretty sure you all know who we are." 

     "Let me guess, you guys are here keeping those two villians out of trouble? Otherwise, just where is Mason and the rest of his team?" Myles asked.

     "We have no idea. We've tried contacting them, but got no answer. We'd try going after them, but it wouldn't be safe to go in there wihout any protection." Sonic said.

     "I see. So they must've taken forms of smashers who have a certain type of armor or have the ability to survive in harsh conditions. Most likely Samus who deals with this kind of stuff all the time?" Myles said.

     "That's-a what they did." Mario said.

      "Alright then. I guess I'll do the same. But first...."

     Back in reality, Myles forced himself to whistle, calling a small black and white dog towards him. The dog saw another Nerve Gear helmet and slipped its head under it, stepping on a tape recorder that said "Link start."

     Returning to the game, Myles' dog came at him and jumped in his arms when his master called. "Oh, it's so great to see you Master."

     "Hey, I missed you too Bolo. But I need your help." Myles said tossing Bolo in the air. "Alright Dog! Metroid Mode!!"

     Bolo transformed into a rather small Metroid.

     "Awwww, he's such a cute..... weird.... freaky.... alien thing." Asuna said.

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone! THAT'S YOUR ACTUAL DOG!!!!?" Kirito yelled, surprized.

     "I'll admit, I'm a bit taken by that as well." Asuna added.

     "It's actually quite a funny story, but we don't have time for explanations." Myles said chosing Samus as his character. "Alright!, activating Metroid Fusion!!!"

     Bolo merged with Myles and his power suit, resulting in a powerful, orange and red fusion suit. The red helmet had an orange lens covering his eyes.

     "Whoa, how'd you do that?" Kirito said.

     "Just did some experimenting. When it comes down to it, all you need is someone who's willing to become the Metroid and then just chose Samus as your character and you can merge to form the fusion suit."

     "Wow, that's pretty cool! Can you show us how to do that?" Morgan asked.

     "No! There's no way I'm turning into a nasty, slimy, alien. I'll pass." Monya said.