Chapter 15: Warmer

"There you are Dane! Now tell me where Mason is and I won't  make you embarrass yourself." Emily yelled before sliding into the room.

     Dane, hovering down toward the ground gave an evil smile. "There's no way you can win little girl, you should just give up and join the X."

     "Hey! Stop givin' my name a bad rep!" X yelled, coming in soon after Emily.

     "And I'm not a little girl! That's it! Dane, you're going down!" Emily yelled.

     "So be it! You'll be seeing it our way by the time we're done with you." Dane said closing his eyes and crossing his arms. By the time he opened his eyes again, they were gone. "What? Where'd they go?"

     "Hey genius, behind you!" Emily yelled from behind. Dane turned around only to get a face full of ice beam. Dane fell to the ground, frozen solid. 

     "Alright let's hurry up and extract this parasite and be on our way." X said, approching the frozen boy. "Hey, wait a minute, this is just a frozen shell, where is he?" X said, surprized.

     "Right behind you..." Dane whispered, grabbing him and flying up high in the sky and then bringing him down with a mighty slam!

     "Get over here!" Emily yelled, firing her grappling beam and slamming him on the ground. But Dane countered, spinning with his sword, creating a tornado. Emily was knocked away.

     Megaman cam out of nowhere, jumping directly above Dane. "Hard Knuckle!" He yelled firing a rocketing fist towards Dane's face. He was slammed into the ground, getting up only to be sandwiched between two missiles coming at him from two directions. Emily and Samus then stood side by side, firing their grappling beams and swinging Dane in a huge circle. They then flung him up in the air, but conveniantly, the smash ball appeared. "Crap!" the gilrs said under their breathe.

     Dane broke the smash ball with one hit.

     "I don't think so!" X and Megaman yelled, running towards him in an attempt to steal away the smash ball.

     "Incompetent  machines!" Dane said, swinging his cape, trapping them in darkness.

     "Can't move!" Megaman said.

      "What is this?" X said.

     "It's Meta Knight's final smash, Galaxia Darkness! How could I forget? This is gonna hurt!" Megaman cried.

     With a simple swing of his sword, Dane sent the two robots flying into the sky!

     "Ah, it so very pleases us to hear your screams......Wait, there is no screaming. Where is the screaming?!"

     "Man, you really are crazy! Would it kill ya to take a chill-pill?" Myles said alongside Kirito. They rescued the two robots before they were sent flying from the boundaries of the space station.

     "Hey, it's you. Man are we glad to see you!" Megaman said.

     "Save all the mushy stuff for later, right now we gotta focus. Let's take this guy down!" Myles said, jumping down near Emily. "So, Mason got caught up in this mess huh?" he asked.

     "Yep, but what I don't get is how you guys have Fusion suits without even knowing how to make the vaccine." Emily said with a grin.

     "It's a little something I like to call Metroid Fusion!" Myles stated.

     "Um, if you haven't noticed, that name's kinda already been taken."

     "I wasn't done yet! It's a different kind of Metroid Fusion, where you have to fuse your power suit with a Metroid, or a partner that's willing to become a Metroid for ya. Pretty cool, huh?"

     "Wow, good thinking. Now we wont have any trouble taking on these guys." Emily smiled.

     "Yeah, but they're still tough. We'd better give it our all!" Kirito said.

     "Which is why I took the initiative to find us some Smash Balls before we got here." 

     "What?" Emily said.

     "No way!" X said, surprized.

     "I got enough for all of us to have two. That way, we'll be able to save one for the final battle. How about we finish this little brawl? Megaman, X. You're up!"

     "Let's do this!" Megaman said.

     "With pleasure!" X added. 

 The two robots jumped into action, using their final smashes.

     "Rush adapter, let's go!" Megaman yelled, followed by the howling of his robotic dog, who came flying by, taking him into the air. He came from the sky with improved red armor, as a result of the combination with his dog.

     "It's my turn, Ultimate armor!" X yelled , hovering from the ground. He then seemed to have been struck by lightning, soon covered in a completely different armor. It was dark blue with purple,gold, and black highlights. He had an improved arm cannon and larger shoulder and leg armor.

     "Have fun you two!" Myles said.

     "You don't have to tell us twice." Megaman said, flying in and firing many explosive rounds. X joined in and fired his own explosive blasts followed by his signature Nova Strike attack. Dane was overwhelmed by the combined strength of the two nonstop destruction machines. With a final shot each, they each powered back down to normal.

     "Now it's our turn. Everybody! Fire Zero Beams!"

     Dane, who was just recovering from the megaman combo, saw what was coming towards him from all four directions. "Aw crap!" He said crossing his arms before the impact.

Soon...

     "Aw man, what happened?" Dane said dizzily. 

     "You were possesed by the X parasite. And we save you." Emily said.

      "Now all that's left is Mason. I'm gonna take him on alone." Myles said, walking off.

     "What, that's stupid! Do you wanna wind up like...like most freak accidents that happen in the Metroid series? Mason may be your brother, but he's also my best friend!" Emily yelled.

     "She's got a point. Alot of crazy stuff happens on my journeys." Samus stated.

     "Grragh! Fine! Just don't get in my way!" Myles grumbled.

     "Here, you might need this." Samus said, handing the fusion cure to Emily. "That might be better for him than just absorbing the parasite. Good luck." Samus said as the two ran through the next door.

     "You guys can do it!" Dane cheered.

     "I hope they can." Kirito said.