Chapter 13: X

"Wow, this place sure doesn't look very safe." Klein said.

     "I agree. I'm getting the feeling this place is like radioactive or something." Dane added.

     "I see your point. Then I suggest we all go Samus. Wearing that power suit of hers could protect us from any radiation in this facility."

     "Sounds like a good idea, Mason." Emily said. 

     "I guess that's a good strategy." Dane said.

     The players made their transformations each with their own unique color schemes. Mason wore a black suit with red highlights and a red helmet lens. Dane's was all black and had a shaded lens. Klein wore an all red suit with an orange lens. And Emily wore a silver suit with a white lens.

      "Looks like we're gonna have to stay behind. We have nothing to protect us from harsh environments like that." Sonic said, referring to himself, Mario, Bowser, and Ganondorf.

      "Okay, keep an eye on the baddies you two." Megaman said.

    "Okie dokie! Good luck!" Mario said as the group entered the facility.

Soon...

     "So what exactly is our target?" Dane asked.

     "Anything that looks like it wouldnt be programmed in this game. Like the primids or anything freakier than that." Mason replied.

     "Right." Dane said.

     "Hey, does this count as freaky?" Klein said, referring to a creature that was staring at him.

     "Nope, that's just your every day Metroid stuff. I'll handle this!" Mason said jumping into action, violently destroying the beast.

     "Show off." Dane said.

     "Ha! Looks like I still got it! I guess all those times I spent playing Metroid Prime really paid off." Mason said with a grin.

     'That's Mason for ya.' Emily though with a giggle. But then she noticed a large mass of yellow slime hovering above Mason's head. "Mason, look out!!!" she screamed.

     The slime attacked Mason before he was able to turn around, forcing him to his knees. Emily rushed over to help, but jumped back as it tried to attack her as well, attatching to her hand. She was able to shake it off in time, but it was the opposite for Mason.

     They all watched in horror as Mason fought to free himself from the goop. "Argh! What is this?! It's getting in my armor!" he yelled. They assumed it was over when Mason fell slouched over lifelessly.

     "Oh no, he isn't...?"

     "Just what is going on here?" Megaman said.

     "Mason?" Emily said.

     Mason was silent for a long while. But he then broke the silence with a chuckle. The chuckle then turned into calm but sadistic maniacle laughter. "Your friend has become a part of us. Soon, so will you."

     Emily and Megaman aimed their weapons at him. "Okay, what have you done to Mason!?" Emily growled.

     Mason slowly got up, lifting up his head, revealing his now pupilless eyes.

     "Ugh, gross." Dane said.

     "We made him better. You should join us."

     "No thanks, I think I'll pass." Emily replied.

     "It wasn't a question...."

     "Hey Emily, looks like we have some company over here as well!" Klein said as he aimed his weapon at more monsters along with Dane.

     "What are we gonna do about Mason?"

     "I don't know if we can do anything. This was not programmed into the game. The only one who would know how to reverse this is the real Samus Aran." Megaman said.

     "Join us...." Emily heard Dane and Klein say. She turned to see them infected as well.

     "Oh, come on not you guys too."

     "What are we going to do now? We're surrounded."

     "Don't worry, big bro. Help is on the way!" said an unfamiliar voice.

     "Big bro?" Megaman said confused.

     "Well not exactly big, but you'll see my point." the voice said again as explosions distracted the corrupted boys. A teenage looking version of the blue bomber jumped in and grabbed the two and dashed out of there.

     The infected three stood there staring at each other.

     "It seems they escaped." Klein said.

     "No matter, we will get them eventually." Mason said.

     "We must prepare to fight them. This one fights better in this form." Said the infected Dane, transforming into his human Meta Knight form.

     "Perfect, the X will rise again." Mason said laughing his sadistic maniacle laughter again.

     Emily looked back at her teammates. "I'll help you guys...." she said as they continued their escape.