Chap 5 "Sing A Song"

Alexis' POV
"So, you want to hear a song," I sighed. "Okay. We'll sing a song."
"What song do you want to sing?" Blake asked.
"Let's do Where The People Go," I smiled.
"Okay, let's do it," Drew nodded. "How are we going to do this?" I started playing the guitar. "Oh, we're starting."
"Yeah," I nodded.
"In a world of dancing teddies. Brown betties, and suit top Chevy's," Drew sang. "Popping cans of bright confetti. It's rock city, are you ready?"
"'Cause I love people. You love people. We love all these crazy times," Jayk sang. "Just a prequel. Not the sequel. Can we just enjoy the ride?"
We went through the song until Blake's part and I sang with him. "In a world of sweet cake batter," Blake and I sang. He looked at me and we smiled at each other. "Firecrackers and non-stop laughter. In a world where rules don't matter. Mad hatters and no disasters."
We went through the rest of the song. "Okay, that just went a whole different level that I didn't know you guys would cover," Hector nodded. "Can you guys sing Handmade instead?"
"Sure," I nodded. I started playing the guitar. "Five, six. Five, six, seven, eight."
"See, I was born in the back of an ambulance. Growing up not knowing who I really am," Jayk sang. "Happiness was the only lesson plan."
"Hey, hey, hey," Blake, Drew, TC, and I harmonized.
"Spent a lot of bucks just to be the perfect me. Myself and I are all I need," Jayk sang. "I won't be another possibility."
"Hey, hey, hey," Blake, Drew, TC, and I harmonized.
Drew pointed at me. "I'd lay it out for you. I'd lay it out for you," I sang. "It's all over my fingertips. I'd lay it out. I'd lay it out for you." I smiled at Hector. "I'd be the first to admit that I..."
"Spent my time putting my life together. I don't care what they say, what they say," Drew, Jayk, TC, and Blake joined me. "Don't think you could've sample me better. Every inch, every flaw. I'm handmade." We all smiled at each other. "I'm handmade."
"Took a chance and I fell a couple times. Even slept in my car a lot of nights," TC sang. "Told those people they could read between the lines."
"Hey, hey, hey," Blake, Drew, Jayk, and I harmonized.
"Charged up with adrenaline in my veins. I screamed out that I wish the world would change," TC sang. I smiled. "It's just me and there's nothing to explain."
"Hey, hey, hey," Blake, Drew, Jayk, and I harmonized.
"I'd lay it out for you. I'd lay it out for you. It's all over my fingertips," Drew sang. "I'd lay it out. I'd lay it out for you. I'd be the first to admit that I..."
"Spent my time putting my life together. I don't care what they say, what they say," the rest of us joined Drew. "Don't think you could've sample me better. Every inch, every flaw. I'm handmade." Hector put his arm around me. "I'm handmade."
"No, you can't. No, you can't change me. I don't care. I don't care what you think," Blake sang. "No, you can't. No, you can't change me. I don't care. I don't care what you think."
"I spent my time putting my life together. I don't care what they say, what they say," I sang as everyone got quiet. "Don't think you could've sample me better. Every inch, every flaw. I'm handmade!"
I held the note as the guys of After Romeo harmonized. "I'm handmade," we finished together.
"I think that was amazing," I replied. "Okay, so what do we now?" Everyone was just looking at me. "Okay, what? Did I forget pants or something?" No one said a word. "Okay, guys, you're all starting to freak me out."
"You held that note like there was no tomorrow," Drew replied. "Where'd you learn to sing like that?"
"I think that story is for another time," I nodded. "We should all just get some sleep."
"Is there a guest room in this house?" Heaven held up her hand.
"There's actually three other rooms in this house," Hector nodded. "But one of them is nursery."
"Are you expecting already?" Xitlaly asked.
"No," I nodded. "Don't ask me this. He made this place my wedding gift."
"Just in case we are every ready, we don't have to panic," Hector replied.
"You sound like you've been through this," I looked at him. "Any crazy baby mommas I should know about?"
"None, just an older sister that had a child," Hector nodded. "But you've been my only one."
"So this is what true love looks like," Jeremy nodded.
"Shut up," I nodded. "Let's get some sleep." Hector and I went to our room. Hector went to the bathroom to change and I walked out to the balcony. I looked up at the stars. Hector's arms wrapped around my waist. "How'd you know?"
"What are you talking about?" Hector whispered as we looked at the night sky.
"That I was the one?" I asked. "All my life I broke up with the guys before they could break me." I turned around and faced him. "But never did I do that with you once. That's how I knew you were the one for me. How'd you know I was the one?"
"This could go so many different ways," Hector sighed. "But when I knew you were really the one, it was when I was sent into battle." I looked at Hector. "Before my flight, you told me we're in each other's hearts, minds, and soul. No matter where we are in the world, you will always be right beside me. We'll make it through this, just like we have many other situations...together."
"You remember me telling you that?" I asked. Hector nodded. "A lot of things go between us unsaid but we always are able to finish each other's sentences and read each other's thoughts." I hugged Hector. "I'm glad you had asked me to marry you when you did. I love you so much, Hector."