Chap 14 "Quinceañera"

Hector's POV
JJ and Reid decided on two parties. They'll take care of the Sweet Sixteen as long as Alexis and I take care of the Quinceañera. Fifteen years had passed and Alexis was in Jareau's room with her. I knocked on the door. I wanted to see my girls before we left the house.
"Hold on," Alexis sighed. She opened the door and let me in. "I finally got her in her dress."
Jareau turned around to look at me. "What do you think, Daddy?" she asked.

 "What do you think, Daddy?" she asked

"You look beautiful," I smiled. "Just like your mother."
Jareau smiled. "I just have one question," Jareau sighed. "Why couldn't I have done white?"
"I don't want your dad crying," Alexis replied. "I also don't want you wearing white because I want you to wear white on your wedding day." She fixed Jareau's hair. "Plus, you're having a Quinceañera because your dad wanted you to have a Quinceañera."
"What did you want me to have?" Jareau asked.
"A Sweet Sixteen but your Aunt JJ and Uncle Spencer is making that happen next year," Alexis replied.
"So instead of white we went with sea green?" Jareau's asked.
"Green's your dad's favorite color," I smiled.
"Dad, I didn't -"
"It's okay," I nodded. "It was a long time ago." Questions still remained in Jareau's eyes. "I was the green Samurai Ranger from Power Rangers Samurai." Jareau was still confused. "Power Rangers aren't as popular as they used to be."
"Your father used to be a celebrity," Alexis nodded. "Now come on. We gotta get you to your party." We got into the limo and took Jareau to her Quinceañera. "Jareau, are you okay?"
"I'll go inside to wait," I smiled. I got out of the limo and walked inside. "Everybody, please welcome Jareau Annette Rivera!" Jareau walked in followed by Alexis. I grabbed her hand and sat in the chair. "To start off, I will take off her flats and put on these heels." Jareau's lifted up the front of her dress and I changed her shoes for her. "There we go." She stood up. "My baby girl's growing up."

"To start off we are going to have a siblings dance," Alexis sighed

"To start off we are going to have a siblings dance," Alexis sighed. "Since Jareau has no brothers, JJ has let her son, Henry do the dance with Jareau." I put my arm around Alexis. "Jareau, why don't you say a few words?"
Jareau nodded as Henry joined her on the floor. "Like Mom and Dad had said, I grew up with no other siblings even though we live in like a 6 bedroom home," Jareau joked. "But this guy -" She put her arm around Henry. "- he's been a great big brother anyone could ever have. He maybe five years older than I am but he's my best friend. Couldn't have asked for a better big brother."
Jareau and Henry did their dance and she joined Alexis and I. "You guys are adorable," Alexis smiled. "Henry's the closest one you got as a sibling."
The night went on and there was one more thing left. The father-daughter dance. The song came on. I got on the floor with Jareau. "You know we love you, baby girl," I smiled.
"I know, Daddy," Jareau smiled. Alexis was watching us and she was smiling. "I guess Mom was one amazing girl to have caught your eye, Daddy."
"She was," I nodded. "She was by my side. She was with me when I was in the military."
Phones beeped around us. Alexis looked down at her phone and looked at me. I nodded. Her and the team walked outside. "Where's Mom and her friends going?" Jareau asked.
"They probably have a case," I sighed.
"I hate that," jareau replied.
"What?"
"Mom is always never home a lot because of the case. It's always either me and you. Or if you have to help the PD, I'm always with Uncle Will in Vernon."
"You attend school there so it's easier for you to be with Uncle Will when in Vernon. He's the principal at the school. Plus, it's only a fifteen minute drive from the PD."
"Dad, people are calling me the preacher's daughter because you got a church built there."
The party ended and Alexis never came back. We went back home and Alexis was sitting on the couch hugging JJ. They were both in tears. "Go upstairs and change, Jareau," I replied. Jareau nodded and went upstairs. "What happened?" JJ was so tired she passed out on our couch. Alexis pulled me to the kitchen. "What happened?"
"Henry and four other college seniors died leaving Jareau's Quinceañera," Alexis sighed. "JJ has decided to quit the bureau and move to Vernon for good." I hugged her close and she was sobbing. "For the nineteen years I've been with you, I don't think we've ever made a decision like this."
"We're moving to Vernon too, aren't we?"
"Well, we will still have each other. Hector, I'm with you all the time. It's like my birthday everyday, but with Henry gone, I can't do this. Not like this."
"Okay," I nodded. "Tomorrow, I'll have Vernon's council set up some new laws."

A/N: this is the end of the fanfic but there is a sequel. It's called A Change Of Heart and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as you had reading this one story. With Much Love, Lily