Chap 7 "Lawyering Up"

Alexis' POV
We got home. Heaven and Jeremy were sitting in the living room. "How'd you guys get in?" I asked.
"You told us where the spare key was," Heaven replied.
"Right," I sighed. "So, Jeremy, what is it that you need from me?"
"Well, her parents are suing me," Jeremy looked at Heaven.
"Why?" I asked.
"They're charging me for sex with a minor," Jeremy replied. "Basically they're calling it statutory rape."
"And you need my help because?" I asked.
"You practice law in three different states," Jeremy replied. "California, Arkansas, and New York."
"Cali is a foreign state so it's more complex," I sighed. "Which state are you being charged in?"
"California," Heaven replied.
"But she's not a minor and neither are you," I replied. "I didn't even know you guys were together. Either way, I don't see why you need me. It's common sense."
"We need someone to represent us," Heaven replied.
"Why do you want me to represent you?" I asked.
"You're the best," Jeremy replied. "People have recommended you."
"You want me to represent you?" I asked.
"Yeah," Heaven nodded.
"Alright, when is your court date?" I asked.
"Tomorrow," Jeremy replied.
"The the same day as my episode release," I sighed. "Okay. I'll be in court tomorrow for you guys."
"What is your advice as a friend?" Jeremy replied.
"As a friend, you can go to court without a lawyer and kind of lose," I sighed. "But as your lawyer, let's win this case." Court date arrived and I got dressed in black slacks, a white button up, a black blazer, and black high heels. Court started. "Okay."
"How does Jeremy Manning plead?" the judge asked.
"Not guilty," I replied. We sat down. "It'll be okay."
"Mrs. David, counselor, the floor is yours," the judge replied.
"Alright," I sighed. I got up and walked the stand. "Mr. Manning is said to be having sexual relations with a minor, Miss Thomas. That is not true. Miss Thomas is eighteen years old and according to state law, she's is a legal adult." I paced back and forth. "Mr. and Mrs. Thomas are only doing this because they want their daughter to come home."
"I see that you've provided for Mr. Manning and Miss Thomas," the judge replied.
"Yes, but there is a line between client and friendship," I nodded. "No laws are broken here, your honor. I think I've made my case."
"Do you have any witnesses that can attest to this?" the judge asked before I could sit down.
"Yes sir," I sighed. "Officer Hector David Jr."
"Call him to the stand," the judge replied.
"First witness to the stand," I sighed. Hector got onto the stand. "Detective, have you housed Mr. Manning and Miss Thomas while living here?"
"Yes," Hector replied. "They are personal friends of mine and it's much cheaper to stay with us than a hotel." I nodded. "They don't have to pay for anything."
"Do you have someone to back this up?" the judge asked.
"She's my wife, if that's what you're asking," Hector nodded.
"Mrs. David, did you in anyway coach or prepped your husband to be on the stand today?" the judge asked.
"No, your honor," I nodded. We went through the arguments and I won the case for Jeremy and Heaven. I had to leave immediately because Sam Winchester had called me. I walked inside their bunker. "Hello?" I put my bag on the table in what looked like a study. "Hello?" I roamed around and found Dean in the kitchen, ironing. "Hey."
"Oh, good," Dean smiled. "You're here."
I was sitting on the kitchen table watching Dean iron a white button up shirt. "Perfect," Sam stated as he walked in. "We're going to need our suits."
"Tell me you've got something on Amara," Dean sighed.
"It's a long shot but clock's ticking, right?" Sam sighed. "Whatever Amara's doing to Lucifer..."
"It'll be doing Cas in the meantime," I replied.
"Can you go and get our bags ready?" Sam asked.
"I guess so," I nodded. I left the room and went to the study. I grabbed our bags and made sure we had one of everything. "Alright, we're done here." I walked out of the study and went back to the kitchen. "Everything is -"
"Dean, quit ironing my shirts with beer!" Sam called as he walked out.
"That's wouldn't be a problem if you let me do the work," I sighed. I went to my room and got dressed in a black skater dress and walked out to the black '67 Chevy Impala with the bags. I put them in the trunk. I got in the back seat as the brother's got into the front seat. They were debriefing me on the case, even though I didn't need it because I was heading back home. We pulled up to Hope Springs Sheriff's Department. "Uhm, guys, what are we doing here?"