Two

Here we are, in my room getting ready for the party I am oh so ecstatic about.... I've never really been into parties because they always end up being the typical frat parties or where you get laid. Yeah, not my scene.

Anyways, I'm just laying on my bed waiting for Mel to pick something already.

"Oo, how about this one?" She suggested holding up a bright pink flowy dress with flowers stamped all over. I immediately shook my head so fast it might as well just snap off my head.

"Mel, I don't think you've noticed... I'm more into darker colors. I'm not denying that I wouldn't wear that, I'm just simply saying, I would never wear that and I'm not into that." I said trying to put it in a nice way.

I got up and looked through my closet to find a dress. Ugh. Its like I don't have any dresses. I should probably go with some jeans I don't even know anymore..

Mel happened to notice my frustration and suggested I should just wear some jeans and a crop top. I pulled out some black high waisted jeans, a white crop top that said ' I don't care', and my leather jacket. I pulled out my black Dr.Martens and applied a bit more makeup than I usually would. Nothing too big, just some foundation, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, and chap stick. I'm not one to wear much lipstick.

Mel on the other hand, went all out. She's wearing a white crop top, a floral skirt and some pink heels. She applied similar makeup as i did. But, she wore a bright pink lipstick since most of her outfit was pink.

"Oh my god, can I do your hair Raven?" Mel asked with a hopeful glint in her eye. I just nodded because, I still haven't gotten a text from Grayson.

She giddily picked up her curling iron and curled my dull brown hair into these beautiful brown cascades of curls. Simple, but effective. She did her hair curly as well but with a cute little braid around her hairline acting as a headband. She's quite a girly girl, I know but I still love her.

From: Grayson
Hey, sorry I didn't text earlier. I had to get the food for the party. Anyways, can't wait to see you at 8pm babe. 😘 xo.

To: Grayson
Its fine, we are heading there now. See you there too :)

I picked up my keys before my mom could notice. "Where do you think you're going, Missy?" She said waiting at the kitchen table.

"Nowhere, I'm just going to head to my friends house to hang out with her." I said trying to make up a quick lie.

"Dressed like that? Hah, you're funny. No, you are not. And Melanie I expected more from you." My mother said raising up a eyebrow looking at Melanie sternly.

"Sorry, Miss. Its true, we are going to a friends house. Raven just so happened to make friends today at the daycare and they invited her to visit them." Mel explained.

My mom nodded shooing us to move along. Once we were out the door, I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks for the save, Mel." I said gratefully.

We drove up the street noticing the lights and music could be seen and heard from down here. As we approached, we saw some guys already passed out on the lawn already.

I park my car near the sidewalk and we get out of the car. Once we walk in, I heard a bunch of wolf whistles from the jocks, populars, heck there was even girls doing it to us.