Chapter 5* Cherubs

Cheryl got into the elevator and the walls turned transparent as soon  as the doors were closed

Cheryl got into the elevator and the walls turned transparent as soon as the doors were closed. Then the elevator began to rise and soared through the air!

"Oh my god! This is exactly like the glass elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! " Cheryl shouted in excitement as the people gradually shrank in size in the pink room. Although she never finished reading the book, the movie was one of her favorites.

"Actually, the elevator in the book is based on this one." Mrs Fields said cheekily.

"But how's that possible? I thought you said I'm the first human who's allowed to come here?" Cheryl asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"That's true! But a naughty cherub secretly conveyed the idea of this glass elevator along with all the wonderful candies in our Sugarland to Roald Dahl through dreams. That cherub was severely punished because of his violation of the Love Law," said Mrs Fields who looked so furious that Cheryl could imagine steam coming out of her head.

"Cherubs? The Love Law?" Cheryl furrowed her eyebrows, looking even more puzzled.

"Yes, just like in your world, we have laws that each one of us must abide here. Cherubs are the little angels with cute wings and pink cheeks that resemble children. They play key roles in launching love relationships, nudging humans in the right direction here and there. They are mostly innocent and harmless, but sometimes they can be mischievous like the cherub who broke the law," Mrs Fields explained. "You'll learn all about this once we reached your office."

"Oh~ you mean those little angels printed on Valentine's Day cards? I didn't know they really exist!" Cheryl said with her eyes widened. "I can't wait to go to my own office to learn all about this!"

"Ha! I thought you didn't want to do this work."

"I didn't, but I'm intrigued after hearing what you've described." Cheryl's face was lit up with excitement. "Besides, it'll be my first time to have my very own office!"

"Oh~ it's just a tiny room set up temporarily for you. Don't get your hopes up!" Mrs Fields cautioned.

"I'll take what I can get!" Cheryl said with a grin.

The elevator flew across several rooms that look similar to the pink room, then they flew by more rooms which Mrs Fields identified as Recreation Room, Brainstorm Room and Review Room. Then, finally they reached a cute little room that was decorated in different shades of purple. The walls were painted lavender and the floor was covered with the same luscious carpet except it was a deeper shade of lavender. At the center, there was a white desk with an old-fashioned computer on top of it. A luxurious purple velvet couch was placed at the corner with a fluffy white teddy bear sitting on it.

"So this is your office when you stay with us. I know your favorite color is purple so I took the liberty to decorate your temporary office in purple to make your stay here a little bit more pleasant." Mrs Fields gestured around the room with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"Wow~ thank you so much! This room is gorgeous!" Cheryl's eyes roamed around the room.

"You're welcome. So I take you like it?"

"No, I love it! This is the best office I could ask for!" Cheryl squealed like a little kid who just entered a toy store. She went to grab the cute teddy bear and settled on the couch immediately. The bear felt extremely soft and the couch felt like heaven.

"Oh, I grabbed that teddy bear from the Recreation Room to offer you some company!"

"Thank you~ it feels so soft!" Cheryl held the bear dearly to her chest.

"Ok," Mrs Fields clapped her hands. "So you need to start working now, the clock is ticking." Mrs Fields pointed at the silver clock on the wall with a pendulum swinging back and forth. With a snap of her fingers, a pile of books and folders appeared in the air and fell onto the desk. "Now, please go through all these books and guidelines to familiarize yourself with how we manage love relationships. I'll be back in an hour. If you need anything, just ring the bell on the desk." She pointed at the silver bell, then with a poof she disappeared.

Cheryl looked at the pile on her desk wearily. She hated studying and reading was not her kind of thing. She was just never patient enough to read till the end of a book. She sighed and picked up the heavy books one by one skimming through the titles. There was The Love Law, The Love Guidelines, The History of Love, The Truth about Greek Mythology.......Cheryl felt the urge to yawn just by reading the titles. Suddenly, a floppy disk fell from one of the books and landed on her desk. It was shiny pink with a label saying "The Ultimate Love Solution!!" Cheryl stared at the disk with a bewildered look. She wondered what was inside this disk that could be considered as the ultimate love solution. Although she had a feeling she was not supposed to look inside it, her strong curiosity got the best of her. So, she turned on the computer and pushed the mysterious floppy disk into the slot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I finally posted Chapter 5! Sorry for the wait~ I just wanted to take a little break. So I decided to use floppy disks in my story since all the things in Valentine are old-fashioned! XDXD For the newer generation who's never heard of it, it's what we used to save files in the old days. You can see it in the next chapter, but first, please vote and comment!