Chapter 17* Blossoming

After saying goodbye to Aunt Dora, happiness and relief filled Cheryl's heart

After saying goodbye to Aunt Dora, happiness and relief filled Cheryl's heart. Her aunt had finally promised to give some thought into giving Bernard a chance to begin a serious relationship. Cheryl had a strong feeling that this match would eventually become a success! Just when she reached the main entrance of her apartment building, a beautifully dressed woman with blonde curls framing her face stepped out of the door.

"Carolyn! Wow~ don't you look ravishing today! Are you going out on a date?" Cheryl asked in awe and innuendo.

"Oh Cheryl, it's you! I haven't seen you for days. Where have you been?" A shade of pink started to spread around her cheeks.

"Well, my company called me upon a sudden business trip in Malaysia in the past 2 weeks, so I haven't been around."

"A sudden business trip?" Carolyn asked in suspicion.

"Yes, I guess my manager finally recognized my potential, but don't try to steer away from my question. Are you going out on a date? I've never seen you dressed so.... feminine before." Cheryl struggled to find the right word. Carolyn usually wore power suits for work, or casual blouses and jeans for leisure. But now, she was wearing a one-shoulder black velvet dress which hugged her figure elegantly, complemented with a sparkling clutch in her hand and black stiletto heels.

"No, I mean... yes, I don't know what exactly this is!" Carolyn said exasperated. "See, I literally just met this man a few days ago on a street, so I don't know what this means yet."

"Well, do you like him?"

"......yes," Carolyn replied timidly.

"Do you think he likes you then?"

"Probably....yes." Carolyn looked away with burning cheeks.

"Then, I'll very well define that as a date! " Cheryl announced joyfully.

"It's not that simple! We hardly know anything about each other."

"But isn't that what dating is about? To learn more about each other? Don't always over-complicate things, Carolyn. Let me ask you something, and please don't think and just answer it from your gut: do you think he has the potential to become your long-term companion?"

"As a matter of fact... yes." Carolyn uttered the last word so softly you could barely hear it.

"Then just go with the flow and have fun once in your life. Maybe this time, Cupid finally came into his senses and hooked you up with the right guy!" Cheryl said with a knowing wink.

"Actually, you're right. I think I was just anxious because of my past failures in love relationships before. Thank you, Cheryl, for reminding me to relax and have fun." Carolyn glanced at Cheryl with a grateful smile.

"You're very welcome!" Cheryl grinned proudly.

"Did something happen to you in Malaysia? You seem... different." Carolyn stared at Cheryl with knitted eyebrows.

"Nothing happened! Now go and don't keep your date waiting." Cheryl gave Carolyn's shoulders a push.

"Okay, I'm leaving! Don't push me, I'm wearing high heels! And these tiny heels are much more difficult to balance from the ones I usually wear."

Cheryl laughed. "These are to seduce men, aren't they?"

Carolyn glared at Cheryl in a bright crimson face, then scurried away without a word.

Cheryl held in her laughter along the way to her apartment. But after she entered it, she could not hold the chuckles from bubbling inside of her. She was not laughing at her friend, she could not stop laughing because her heart was bursting with happiness and contentment. She knew her dear landlord and friend would find great happiness through the man she had matched for her, and hopefully Aunt Dora would too. Now, only Ashley was left in her list, and she was determined to make it another success.

"You seem awfully proud of yourself, aren't you?" An arrogant voice was heard from the back.

Cheryl turned her head in shock to find the gorgeous silver-haired man inside her room, sitting on her desk lazily with his legs crossed. Even in the dim light of the approaching sunset, his ensemble of white clothes made him hard to miss, and he was wearing arrogance on his beautiful face as usual.

"Can't you knock or give some kind of warning before you appear? That's really rude and scary!"

"No, I'm a Greek god and I come and go as I please." Cupid cocked his head to the side.

I really can't stand this man! Always thinking he's all high and above everyone!

Cupid locked his icy blue eyes at her with a crooked smile.

Yes, I'm talking about you and I don't care if you're intruding my mind again! Cheryl looked straight into Cupid's eyes while she made the bold statement in her mind. She expected him to burst into flames, but instead he let out a soft chuckle which surprisingly sounded like silver bells.

"Anyway, I did not come here to bicker with you. I'm actually quite impressed by how you managed to save your failed match and I admit I didn't expect that from you at all. But I must warn you NOT to slip up again and let anyone know about your experience in heaven, or you'll be in deep trouble, young lady!" Cupid gave Cheryl a death glare that made her cringed, but then his mood changed swiftly and the arrogance once again returned to his face, "Although I doubt if you could save your other failure, I'm intrigued to see what you're going to do next. Good luck!"

Cupid snapped his fingers and disappeared in a poof.

"Oh, just you wait and see, Stupid Cupid! I will succeed in helping Ashley with her relationship and then I will laugh at your poor little face!" Cheryl shouted aloud at the white smoke which dissipated quickly in her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here's another chapter! I wanna tell you I've changed the food in the restaurant scene in Chapter 10. You can even see the photos in it! So check it out! I hope you've enjoyed reading this chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment and add it to your reading list! Thanks~