Chapter 8* The Perfect First Date

A blush quickly formed on Ashley's face as soon as her eyes met her savior

A blush quickly formed on Ashley's face as soon as her eyes met her savior. He had large blue eyes, a long defined nose and a warm smile with dimples at the sides of his face. He was wearing a dark blue suit which brought out the blue in his eyes. His midnight black hair was parted sideways and nicely groomed. Cheryl could tell Ashley was instantly attracted to Logan by the look in her dear friend's eyes.

"Aww.....they're gonna be a lovely couple! I could see it!" sighed Cheryl, feeling both happy and jealous of Ashley finding her true love.

"By the looks of it, I think so too," Mrs Fields said with a sweet smile, looking at the newly acquainted couple.

They watched Logan helped Ashley getting back onto her feet with the blush never fading on her face. When she tried to move her legs, she winced in pain from a sprained ankle. Logan offered to call a taxi for her and she gratefully agreed. Just before he closed the door for her, she asked for his phone number in order to thank him properly later. He flashed a smile showing his cute dimples and said it was unnecessary but still agreed to give her his phone number. Then Ashley left in the taxi with the sweetest smile Cheryl had ever seen on her friend's face. The projection on the orb then disappeared.

"So do we have to wait for days to see what would happen to them?" Cheryl asked with alarm showing on her face. That would mean she would have to stay in heaven for days or even months!

"Of course not! The great thing about Amour is that it allows us to see how the relationships we've matched turn out. We cannot change the future after we've set things in motion, but we can see it right away!"

Mrs Fields murmured a spell and made a hand gesture. The projection on the orb appeared again with the words 3 days later, and Cheryl saw Ashley and Logan sitting in a fine dining restaurant. There they shared their childhood memories and favorite things, and found that they had a lot in common. They laughed at each other's jokes and talked about their hopes and dreams. They acted like they had known each other for ages instead of just a few days. Cheryl could tell the attraction was growing rapidly between them by the way they looked at each other and the way they reacted to each other. The happiness showing through their broad smiles was evident.

"I think I know they are gonna be a perfect couple without seeing more of their future!" Cheryl announced with a big satisfied grin and her head held high.

Mrs Fields smiled but murmured the spell again and made the hand gesture. The words 5 months later appeared and they saw Ashley and Logan standing against each other in hostile stances.

"Are you cheating on me? Who's that girl?" Ashley screamed.

"I told you, she's just a colleague of mine," Logan replied impatiently.

"Then why did she keep texting you so late at night?"

"Because we're doing a big project together and there're some last minute changes."

"I don't believe you! You've been using work as excuses a lot. Are you tired of me?"

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Logan asked in disbelief.

"Because you've been spending a lot less time with me lately! You used to call me all the time and see me as much as possible. But now, you barely call me and I have to beg just to see you. Are you getting tired of me?" Ashley asked in a high-pitched voice.

"No, I told you I've been really busy and stressful at work. I have a big project going on and this is the first time I'm in charge of everything! There're so many things to take care of. Can't you be a little more supportive and patient for me?" Logan sighed with frustration.

"So now you think I'm not supportive enough for you?" Ashley yelled with rage. "I've been waiting so patiently for you in the past month, trying not to disturb you. But whenever I get to see you, you're either exhausted or in a terrible mood! I can't stand it anymore! Where's the sweet guy I've met 5 months ago?"

Annoyed by Ashley's high-pitched voice and overwhelmed with stress, Logan snapped, "He doesn't exist anymore!"

Tears formed immediately in Ashley's eyes. "I knew it! You're just like all the other guys I've met before! You were so sweet at first but eventually you get tired of me. You were just using me and you never really loved me. I regret ever meeting you!" Ashley pushed Logan's chest away with her hand and left with tears spilling from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!^^