Chapter 6* The Floppy Disk

So this is a photo of floppy disks in case any of you haven't seen one or simply forgot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the computer was turned on, Cheryl was so relieved to find out the software inside to be similar to Windows 7 despite the obsolete appearance. She was worried that DOS codes would appear and she would not know what to do. A program started loading after she opened the files in the floppy disk. The words The Ultimate Love Solution appeared in glittering pink on screen and a window popped out indicating it was updating its database. After the update was finished, instructions were shown step-by-step teaching the user how to use the program. Apparently, it contained the database of every human being who was available for a relationship at the moment, and each profile contained personal information such as family background, character, hobbies, aspiration, love and hates, etc. With a simple click of the "Match" button, the program would automatically search through its database for the most suitable candidate using an algorithm to calculate their compatibility.

Wow! This could really be the ultimate solution to love! Cheryl thought. If we could use this program to find the most suitable match for every single person, there won't be any more heartbreaks, conflicts and hardships for anybody falling in love!

At the same moment, Mrs Fields returned in a poof, balancing a plate of chocolate chip cookies and 2 cups of milk in a tray. "Hi, dear~ I hope you've finished reading some of the books. I've brought some refreshments for you." When she noticed Cheryl was staring at the computer screen, her eyes widened and asked, "What are you looking at?"

"Um....a floppy disk I found in the books?" Cheryl replied gingerly.

"What floppy disk?" Mrs Fields immediately scurried to the screen. When she realized what it was, she covered her mouth and gasped, panic poured through her eyes. "Oh my goodness! Where did you get this? Oh~ you are not supposed to see this! No one is supposed to see what's on this floppy disk! Oh my sweet mother of love!" She quickly ejected the disk and snatched it from the slot and put it into her pocket, patting her chest to calm herself.

"Why is nobody supposed to see this? From what I've seen, this program could be the answer to solving all the love problems in the world! Why don't you use this?"

"Well, I-I don't really know the exact answer to this. But this program was developed by Mr Cupid's once-upon-a-time protégé, Peyton. She showed great talent and promise in handling love relationships, and she was Mr Cupid's right-hand man. But she believed our ways were obsolete and invented this program behind Mr Cupid's back. After Mr Cupid found out, he was beyond furious and banned her from doing any more love work!"

"But why? Why was he so angry about this program? It's ingenious and efficient!"

"I have no idea! But poor Peyton! She was devastated and she was not the same person anymore after that!" Mrs Fields sighed sympathetically.

"Well, I think that Cupid is just a stubborn old-fashioned man who refuses to open his mind! This program is wonderful and it can do so much good to the world! Why did he ban this?"

"Because I said so!" A strong male voice of authority came from the back of the room. Mrs Fields and Cheryl turned their heads and were shocked to see it was Cupid himself.

"Hi, Mr Cupid. I-I'm very sorry.... a-about the floppy disk." Mrs Fields stuttered. Her face turned chalk white and she looked down at her hands nervously.

"How did this abomination get into the human's hands? I thought I made it clear I wanted it to disappear!" Cupid spat out the words bitterly, his blue eyes turned into raging seas.

"I'm so... so sorry, I think the cherubs made a mistake and misplaced it with the books. I take full responsibility of this." Mrs Fields looked so panicked that Cheryl felt sorry for her. She was furious about the way Cupid was treating this sweet old woman.

"Stop being so mean to Mrs Fields! No harm was done, ok? And why do you hold so much resentment towards this program? It's a work of genius!" The words flew from Cheryl's mouth.

"Let me tell you, young woman. No one tells me what to do," Cupid pointed a finger at Cheryl furiously, "And I banned the program because I knew it would never work." Cupid stated coldly.

"How do you know that?" Cheryl persisted.

"Because I'm Cupid!" Cupid replied smugly, cocking his eyebrow.

Ugh! This repugnant arrogant man! He's so full of himself, Cheryl thought to herself.

Cupid narrowed his eyes and smirked at Cheryl. Oh~shit! I forgot he could read my mind!

Cupid smirked again and said, "You know what? I'm feeling generous. I'm gonna give you a chance to match 3 couples using this program, and prove that I'm right." Arrogance and challenge radiated from his icy blue eyes.

"You're wrong! I'll prove you're wrong and then—" Cheryl said with a red face.

"Well, we'll see about that." Cheryl heard a poof and he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know I just posted Chapter 5 just a few days ago but what happened next kept looping in my mind and I couldn't wait to write it out! I hope you like this chapter. I find myself enjoy writing Cupid the most! It's so much fun to write an arrogant, don't-give-a-shit character! lol