Chapter Seventeen

“Thanks for coming round then, last night” Lola smiled, her teeth digging into her lower lip to avoid making an overly happy grin. Zayn smirked at her cuteness and kissed the top of her head, as he opened the front door

“Only provide the best company babe” he joked “I’ll talk to you later?”

“Yeah.. see you soon” Lola said, leaning into the open door as Zayn stepped outside, there eyes never losing connection. Zayn walked backwards down the drive, keeping his gaze locked on Lola and grinning, causing her to laugh. He ruffled his hand through his dark hair and gave her a lazy wink before he turned to open the gate

‘God he’s sexy’ she thought to herself, almost feeling her knees weaken beneath her.

Lola was just about the close the door when she heard voices.

“Hey man”

“Hey…what you doing here?” Harry’s voice asked, causing Lola to push the door back open to see them standing on the other side of the front garden. Both sets of eyes darted towards her, Zayn’s soft and chilled out, Harry’s confused and intimidating.

“Spent the night with Lola….is that a problem?” Zayn asked casually, shrugging his shoulders slightly. Harry paused with his jaw slightly clenched and shook his head, forcing himself to act as if he was absolutely fine with that. He swept his curly mane to the left and relaxed his tense posture

“Up for a kickabout later?”

“Sure…i’ll see you in a bit” Zayn replied, somewhat relieved that Harry didn’t react badly to seeing that he’d stayed the night. As Zayn walked off down the road, Harry stormed down the little pathway leading to the house. He was wearing a rusty sky blue t-shirt and jeans, his chesnut hair messy and unmade. Lola guessed he’d just woken up and come straight over to his Dads.

Lola cowered away slightly as she saw Harry approaching her in a rather impatient manner. She used the door partially as a defence mechanism as Harry pushed it open fully, knocking her to the side

“Har-“ she went to speak but he interuppted her, not even looking at her.

“Get in” he hissed under his breath, looking over his broad shoulder as he closed the door, one of his large hands on Lola’s back shoving her back inside the house.

“Ow don’t push me”

“Then don’t push me” Harry shot back sternly, putting his bag down and opening the kitchen doors “And do not invite my friend round to sleep with you because you’re feeling lonely and pathetic. I know you’re depressed and whatever cause you’re Mum doesn’t want you but it’s not on. Do you understand me?”

“Yes! But I didn’t sleep with him at all. He stayed over sure, but anyway! That’s none of your business. I’ve made it pretty clear that me and Zayn actually like each other”

“Don’t talk to me like that. Anything that involves my house and my best mate is my business. Now ge-“

“Ah Harry I thought I heard you” Johns voice interuppted their feud as he strolled through to the hall where Harry and Lola stood. Harry shoved his hands in his jean pockets and smiled innocently at his Dad, the ends of his mouth curling upwards and a youthful dimple dotting each cheek.

Lola was thankful that John arrived coincidently because she was fairly sure her assumptions about Harry were wrong after all. He didn’t even seem phased or different and like he could easily inflict pain on her despite knowing that it made her self harm. He’d seen the cuts right in front of his eyes and although Lola never got the chance to explain, the words ‘It was you’ were enough to let him know he was the reason.