Chapter Thirty-Two

“Lo?” Harry’s voice interuppted her sleep as Lola came to. She peeled her tight tired eyes open to see the daylight flooding through the pores of the tent. She shivered as her awakened body adjusted to the environment, remembering where she was. She felt warmth from behind her and rolled onto her back, seeing Harry leaning up on his elbow, gently nudging her.

“What time is it?” Lola rubbed her eyes vigourously, lifting herself to lean back on her elbows.

“Half seven” Harry replied. Lola opened and squeezed shut her eyes to try and loosen them up, so she could take a look at Harry. He was dressed in a his burgundy hoodie and black jeans, looking much more awake than Lola.

“I went to get some food, it was about half a mile walk to the nearest shop” he told her, pulling a plastic carrier bag out.

“Oh” Lola replied lazily, scraping her fingers through her slightly tangled blonde tresses and pulling it back into a messy ponytail. She sat up and rubbed her bare arms to try and create some heat through friction. Even though she was inside a tent, she could feel the damp morning dew and fresh air seeping through.

“They didn’t have much…just fruit, crisps and some sort of weird oaty raisiny things” he scrunched his nose, inspecting her granola bars.

“It’s chilly” she commented quietly.

“Eat” he instructed calmly, knowing hunger would make her colder. And she’d need her strength to carry on walking today. The silence of the early morning in an isolated British field allowed them to hear the pattering sonds of dense raindrops beginning to fall on the tent. “Great”

Harry swallowed half a cereal bar in one go and cleared his throat into his fist, shifting over to Lola slightly. She heard the loud sound of his zip being undone, and he shrugged his hoodie from his arms.

“Put this on”

He held it behind Lola, for her to slip her arms into but she shook her head “No, you’ll be cold”

“I’m not cold, take it” he said. Lola reached her arms into his fleecy warm hoodie, Harrys comforting manly scent flooding her senses as it wafted from the material. She tugged it tighter around her body, the size swamping her small frame slightly.

Harry unzipped the front of the tiny tent and Lola caught a glimpse of the dashes of rain scattering across the fresh green field. It lowered her positivity as she felt more reluctant to get out.

Harry stepped out of the tent and stood up in the rain, looking out into the distance. He tried to get an idea of which direction to head in next.

“I think I know which way we need to go. I managed to get some signal when I took a walk earlier and googled the map. I have a good idea of where we are now. So we should take a route that way” he said, pointing west. His chesnut curls had started to accumlate droplets of water, and become flatter to his head. His tanned arms had drops that had turned into little rivers trailing down the course of them.

“Well then why don’t you have a little journey down there and i’ll stay in the tent” Lola said almost patronisingly, as she blew hot breath onto her palms, pulling the hoodie snugly around her body.

“No can do sweetcheeks, we’re packing it away” Harry said, fighting a smirk as he knew for sure she wasn’t going to be happy about that. He was really beginning to learn her exact reactions, what she liked and what she hated.

“What?! Why?” Lola gasped

“So we can move on”

“But it’s tipping it down! Surely we can’t be too far away now can we?”