Chapter Twenty-Nine

Great! Thanks, good one” Lola groaned sarcastically as she felt cold liquid drench her top, a result of Harry’s clumsy attempts at opening his drink bottle.

“Oops” Harry said monotonously, trying to pat down the wet patch on her waist with tissues

“It’s only two minutes into the journey and you already pissed me off”

“Don’t get your knickers in a twist darling. Accident” he shrugged

“Idiot. Ugh had to be juice as well, so i’m wet and sticky for the rest of the ride” Lola moaned, shooting Harry a glare. He looked up from her shirt quickly, his green eyes meeting hers and his rose red lips pursed into a cheeky smirk, a dimple forming on his cheek. Lola fought a laugh wanting to escape at his filthy mind but she was too irritated by him already.

“You’re disgusting. I think Jake was a little confused when I said we’re going away for a few days”

“He wanted to come too”

“I really don’t wanna let him down, he wants us to have a parent so badly. He just wants to be a normal kid with a normal family”

“Don’t blame him” Harry muttered back, resting his chin on the top of the backpack on his thighs. Him and Lola were sat opposite each other on the train, fifteen minutes into the journey. It had been a long morning of reassuring John, Jake and Harrys parents that they’d be fine getting a train.

Harry told John that he had enough money but Lola was a little skeptical. She was nervous about travelling alone with Harry. He had been sensible so far, telling her which train they should catch and what to bring with her. He had it all planned out in his head, and hoped it went accordingly

“How long is this gonna take?”

“About another hour and a half” Harry replied, placing his black rucksack between his knees under the seat.

“What! I’m so bored already, can we play a game?”

Harry raised one of his dark eyebrows and looked down at Lola “Game? Like what?”

“I don’t know….I spy”

“No”

“Fine, I guess you’d prefer something like Never Have I Ever to boost your ego”

“That’s only fun when you’re drunk and with a group of people”

“Well what if I wanna find out about you?” Lola cocked her head to the side with a cheeky smile, but Harry didn’t think it was a good idea. What if she got to carried away and started rolling back to how they used to be, punishing him for his old ways. Sure, it was just a game. But Lola still harboured subconcious anger towards him, needing to give him verbal payback for how he treated her

“Lo..” he groaned reluctantly, resting his head back against the train window, his curls bouncing slightly

“Come on…just tell me what you’ve done…” she sang, turning to the side to face him. Harry couldn’t help the curl of his mouth and tried to fight the smirk. She was pretty much hinting that she wanted to know about his sex history and namedrops.

“Not here..”

“Why not? We don’t know anyone on this train. Just whisper” she grinned, shaking his hand encouragingly.

“You’re a pain in the ass”

“I know. So are you”

Harry sighed, figuring it might actually make the journey through boring countrysides go a little faster “Fine, so what do you want to know?”