Chapter Twenty-Five

Lola sat with her legs folded underneath her as she stared aimlessly out the window of the living room. It was 5pm, and she was watching boring daytime TV shows with a minature pot of Ben & Jerrys she found lying in the freezer.

The sound of the TV couldn’t quite grasp her full attention as her mind continuously drifted back to last night. Every time she looked at the screen, she’d spot a boy with wild hair, or a bed in the background of Come Dine With Me. Every little thing had some relevence to remind her of Harry, plus the slightly sore feeling in between her legs this subsequent day.

Every few minutes she gulped as she remembered another move he’d made, another inch of her body he’d kissed or stroked. Another action that hadn’t gone a miss but was coming back to her thick and fast. The frenzy he sent her into with the mere rub of his finger or slow flick of his tongue across her warm skin. She felt a tingle of butterflies in her stomach just thinking about it. How he’d made her feel and how well he made her respond to his touch.

Yet the thing running through her mind the most was the fact that it was Harry. And the reality of the situation hit her hard in the face. Lola couldn’t believe she’d actually asked, almost begged Harry to have sex with her. She could cringe just thinking back to it, her palm shamefully rising to her warming cheeks.

‘No Lola, stop thinking about it’

She scooped a spoonful of soft ice cream and bought it to her rose pink lips, her eyes falling fuzzy again as she fell into another sudden daydream. Blurry images flashed suddenly through her mind. The dark curly silouhette above her when he looked deeply into her eyes as he slid himself inside her, the warmth of the clammy skin rubbing together, the way his face distorted as he reached his orgasm. She could almost feeling his scent, and could feel herself getting worked up just thinking about it and let out a small groan of frustration, almost biting down into the metal in her mouth.

Her dirty thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door being knocked. Lola widened her eyes and hoped John would hear it from upstairs, so she didn’t have to get it.

“Lola, can you get the door?” he called and Lola rolled her eyes, unfolding her legs and going to answer it.

She opened the door to see a brunette woman, possibly in her 40’s. She had a fairly tanned complexion and blue eyes, wearing a pair of dark desginer looking sunglasses on her head and holding a pair of car keys in her hand.

“Hi, you must be Lola” she said, giving her a warm and friendly toothy smile. Lola was confused for a second as she went to accept this lady’s handshake, when she saw Harry walking up the path behind her. Her stomach initally flipped at the sight of him after last night. Then she realised; this must be Anne.

“Yes, hi” Lola smiled “It’s nice to meet you”

“You too darling, i’m just dropping Harry off but i’d like a word with his Dad if he’s in” she asked hopefully. Lola stepped aside and welcomed Anne inside, who thanked her quietly as Harry closed the door behind her. Lola called John’s name up the staircase and heard the heavy footsteps follow.

Anne went to put her keys in her bag, causing Harry and Lola’s eyes to instantly fall to each other for the first time today. She had left his Mums house around an hour after they’d had sex as she didn’t want Anne to see her when she arrived home in the morning from seeing relatives. Now she felt extremely awkward.

Lola couldn’t read what Harry was thinking by his vague expression, but she swore she noticed him trying not to smirk. His head slightly ducked down, he looked up at her, his hair wild and knotty and his lips deep red. She couldn’t help imagine kissing them again, what they tasted like and how they explored her so expertly. He wore a black t-shirt with an open teal coloured hoodie, dark skinny jeans and his scruffy white converse.