At Our Doors

CADENZA'S POV:
I heard a loud knock on my door. I got up; I was sitting on a bar stool in my kitchen. I looked out the window next to the door, and it was the police! I needed to text the group, fast. I told them, and they didn't reply. I didn't blame them, they were probably freaking out. I looked out once more before answering, and there were not one, but two officers! I took a deep breath, ran my hands through my hair, and opened the door. "Hello, can I help you?" I asked them. "Yes, actually," the one on the left said. Next, the officer on the right spoke: "We're sure you've seen the news report, am I correct? About the light from the hotel?" "Yes," I said, nervous. "Well, the people who work at the hotel say that they saw you leaving shortly after the light appeared." he said. Oh my Irene, he knows that I have something to do with it... "Do you happen to know anything about this?" he asked. What do I do?! What do I tell them!? "I do not know anything about that, not anything more than what was on the news," I told the police officers. One of them raised an eyebrow. "Well. There was a group that left shortly after the news report came on. They were staying on floor five. We looked at who is was, and you are related to one of them. Is that right?" he asked. Now I can't lie to them... Well... Maybe I can just tell them that I was visiting them. "Well, yes. That is why I was there- I was visiting my brother, Laurence," I said. "Are you sure you don't have anything to do with the event, Miss Cadenza?" they asked. How did they know my name?! Well, I guess that the government can figure that stuff out of they want to. "Yes, I'm positive," I clarified for them. "Okay then. Well leave you be." They left, and I closed the door. I walked straight into my living room and purposely fell on my back onto the couch. I took a deep breath. That was close. Way too close. I sat up, and took my phone from the table next to me. I decided that I shouldn't keep these people waiting much longer, so I texted them.

Hey, guys! I got rid of them! There were two, and they questioned me about tonight. They knew I had something to do with it... And you guys, too, I think. They knew I'm related to Laurence. They might stop by your place tomorrow... If I were you I'd get my story set for tomorrow.
~C

APHMAU'S POV:
Cadenza texted us. We read it, and we all took a sigh of relief. Well, she was able to get out of her problem, but something told me that she was going to get questioned again... That at the least. This was defiantly not over. Just then, we decided that the police probably won't bother anyone else this late, so we went to bed. This was a very long night. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom, closed my door, and plopped down on my bed. Then, I realized that I was really tired. I went under the covers, and fell asleep surprisingly easily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up early in the morning. No one else was up in the house. I went downstairs to see that the boys had went home also. I decided that it couldn't hurt to make breakfast. I wasn't that hungry, but it was fine. I took the pan off the shelf, then got the eggs out of fridge. I put the pan on the stove, then the eggs in it, then turned up the heat. I watched as they started to crackle and sizzle, slowly turning white around the yellow yolk. Soon they were done, and I slid them onto a white glass plate. I went and kneeled on the couch and turned on the TV, with my breakfast on my lap. Kaetlyn's favorite show, Once Upon a Time was on. I wondered if I should watch it without her... No, I'm too nice, heh. I changed the channel to ABC. Modern Family was on; I like that show, it's funny. The theme song was significantly louder than the actual show was, so I quickly grabbed the remote and turned down the volume. I heard a door open- too late. Kaetlyn came downstairs. "Are you watching that show again, really? I don't get what's so funny about it," she commented. "Okay, fine! What do you want to watch then?" I asked her. "Wait! Let me guess- that Once Upon a Time show?" I guessed. She laughed and said yes. "I have to go make my breakfast, though," she said. "Okay," I said. I had finished my eggs while I was talking to her, so I came into the kitchen with her to put my plate in the dishwasher. "Hey, do you want to go running in about a half and hour?" Kaetlyn asked me. "Yeah, sounds good!" I said. I hadn't gone running in a really long time, really. "Well, while your eating, I'm going to go and get ready." I told her. She said okay, so I then went up to my room again to get dressed. I opened my closet, and picked out my exercise outfit: black and purple and white sneakers, dark gray and white running shorts, and a Nike purple shirt. I put them on, and grabbed my iPod and headphones; I liked to listen to music while I ran. I heard Kaetlyn putting her dish in the dishwasher when I was done, and then I heard her coming up the stairs. She was going to get ready now, I thought. I pulled up my playlist when she was getting ready, and when I heard her come out, I came downstairs with her. As soon as we were about to leave, we heard a knock on our door. I had a very bad feeling about this... I took a deep breath, and then answered the door. Kaetlyn was standing just behind me, almost at my side. There, standing at our door, were two police officers.