Chap. 11

"One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention."
-Clifton Fadiman
---------------------------

"Go what-" I almost shouted out of surprise. As soon as his words registered in my mind, my face went red.

Normally, Liam was a comfortable person to be around, but his sudden confession was making me nervous.
Though I enjoyed his company as a friend, but I was not ready to be whole touchy and mushy with him promptly, as I was not romantically attracted towards him.

I was clueless about what to say because these kind of situations freaked me out. Whenever I was approached by guys before, I used to politely say no and walk away. But current situation was making me unusually nervous because I knew that old tactic wouldn't work out here. Moreover, I was not willing to use it with Liam, he was too nice to be shrugged away like that.

Andy you can do it, you are a brave girl I tried to reassure myself.

"How can I- I mean I- I've never before- I- I really don't have-hav-"

And there you go, you brave girl my sarcastic bone mentally chided myself.

"Gotcha..." My stuttering was cut short by his chuckling.

"Eh-" I stared at him confusingly.

"Hahaha, just look at your face, you're giving a tough competition to tomatoes right now" he bursted out laughing.

"Hey, would you stop laughing and tell me what's going on" I said whining.

His laughing was replaced by a mischievous grin.

"You know I was just curious about how Miss Bold-and-Brave Andy would react into these kind of situations. And believe me the outcome was amusing." He said smirking.

"And here I thought you were a nice guy" I said rolling my eyes and we both started laughing.

....

"So miss Andy what made you curse in my lecture?" Mr. Hopkins asked me bemusingly. He stopped arranging pile of papers in his office desk and looked towards me waiting for an explanation.

As I explained him what actually happened, his expressions softened to understanding one.

"I see" he took a brief pause and said, "Miss Andy I will not punish you since you were not at fault here. Just be careful around Mr. Mark. Try not to get on his bad side. His family is one of the most powerful families. They're capable of anything. I hope you understand."

"Yes I understand. Thank you Mr. Hopkins." I sighed in relief.

....

"Bahaha, you're unbelievable Andy, you fell for it" Clara was laughing along with Liam.

Yes, Liam decided to join me for lunch. He and Clara met for the first time because they didn't had any lectures in common, and believe me I didn't blamed them for it since this college was like a whole town in itself.

I thought it would take a while for them to bond, but to my surprise they bonded instantly over Andy-Ridiculing-Group when Liam brought up the prank he played on me. After that they didn't stopped.

"Hey, would you stop it already. Don't go ganging up on me you two." I said pouting for umpteenth time.

"Nuh-uh" they both said and continued making fun of me. Suddenly some realisation flashed across Clara's eyes.

"Hey, Andy why were you cry-" she stopped as I gave her I'll-tell-you-later look pleadingly.

"Ah, never mind. You know Liam Andy told me, once she-" Ring Ring she was cut off by her ringing phone. I was sure she was going to tell him another one of my ridiculous stories. Phew I secretly thanked her caller.

"Yeah mom...ok...ok I'm coming.." she said answering the phone.

"Sorry guys, I have to go somewhere today. I'll see you both tomorrow. Bye nerdy" she said ruffling my hairs.

"Bye Liam, it was nice to meet you" she said standing up.

"Bye Clar, make sure to bring back your ass tomorrow as I have to get back at you" I said sulking, which made her laugh even more.

"It was nice to meet you too, Clara. See you again tomorrow" Liam said waving her.

After Clara was gone, I flashed Liam now you're dead look.

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I didn't do anything." Liam said eating up his burger acting innocent.

"Yeah say that when I'll kill you" I warned him, but it had no effect on him. Instead he laughed.

"Dude, I've been searching for you everywhere and here you're, hitting on a girl." Suddenly someone said approaching behind me. I swear I've heard that voice before, my mind tried to recall it.

"Chill man, I'm not hitting on her. Hey Andy, meet Frederick, my wingman" Liam said rolling his eyes.

Frederick then it hit me, he was the cocky guy from the corridor.

"Hah, don't call me that dude." Frederick said approaching an empty chair beside me. As soon as his eyes laid on me he paused for a brief second like he was trying to recall something and all of the sudden he was extremely amused.

"Hey, hotness I didn't thought we'll meet this soon. Now accept it love, we are destined to be together." he said flirtatiously taking my hands.

"Yeah, in your dreams" I said rolling my eyes and taking back my hands.

"Hey, have you two met?" Liam asked confoundedly.

"Aye man, she's my dream girl. But she's rejecting my heart full of love." he said putting his hands dramatically over his heart, mocking hurt.

I was having urge to laugh so hard at his dramas, but I controlled myself. A little cocky, yes, but not that bad. I told Liam all about my encounter with Frederick.

"Man be careful of her she could actually kill you." Liam warned him.

"I know man, but my heart don't believe that." He said looking at me with a gloomy expression.

"Gah, you're unbelievable." I shook my head. They both started laughing.

God why they all are ganging up on me today.

"Dude, lets go, it's time" Frederick reminded something to Liam. He nodded.

"Andy, we have our football practice match today, tournament is approaching real soon. I'll see you tomorrow" Liam said standing up along with Frederick.

"Bye love, we'll meet soon" Frederick winked at me teasingly. I shrugged it off.

"Bye both of you, do your best."

After college was over, I called my mom to pick me up. I was waiting for her at the parking lot outside the college which was empty by now. She was running a little late. I was checking on my watch time to time. Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind, before I could shout for help that person pressed a small cloth over my nose and everything went black.