Chap. 16

"Reason is powerless in expression of love"
-Rumi
----------

Mark's POV

Argh. I punched the wall so damn hard that my knuckles swelled. Andy's cold eyes before she left, was disturbing my mind in a bad way.

I didn't knew why I intentionally let her assume that I was making out with Stephenie, whereas I sent her away the instant she started flirting with me. Maybe I just wanted to annoy her. I shouldn't be giving a damn about her. She disrespected me and I did a right thing scaring her. Then why was it haunting my mind?

What the hell was wrong with me lately? I wasn't a person to give damn about insignificant matters like these. I needed to cool down.

I took a cold shower and went to my personal gym. I worked out for little while and then went towards my punching bag. It was always the best way to cool off my anger.

I was punching it hard for thirty minutes now, but my mind was still clouded with her thoughts.

She made me feel a strange emotion that I'd never felt before. I couldn't understand it. Maybe it was a strong hatred that I was feeling for her. It felt completely new, maybe because I haven't hated anyone as much as I hated her. Yes. I agreed with my thoughts. It definitely was hatred what I was feeling for her.

Then why the hell did I put her in my bed when I should've left her in that damn closet?

Why did her tears made me stop when I kidnapped her?

Why did I cut her shift short knowingly?

Why does her every expression blows my mind?

Why do I want to kiss-

Argh that girl was driving me insane.

Never in my life I've ever felt emotions so strong. I always kept assuring myself that I'm heartless, since that incident. I made sure that no shitty emotions mess up with my mind again and no fucking person affect me in any way ever again. But- damn that nerd.

"Stop it. Are you trying to kill yourself?" Concerned voice of Chase made me stop. I didn't even noticed him arriving.

"What the hell are you doing man? Your knuckles are swollen badly." Chase pointed to my badly swollen knuckles. But I wasn't feeling any pain. My complete focus was on the storm going inside my head.

"I don't give a damn" I said and started punching again. Chase put a hand on my shoulder with a concerned expression "Is it due that girl Andy again?"

I didn't answered him. His expressions said he understood me, he always did. He was the only person I considered as a friend. Rest every other guy wanted to befriend me for my money and popularity. Some guys followed me around like a dog, following my every instruction in a blink. They were as fake as their sugar coated flaterries. I didn't minded them as they were a good source of information for me. Chase was the only person who didn't saw me just as a popular billionaire heir.

I met Chase when I was eight years old. That time I was living in Beaufort with my grandma and my sister. He lived in our neighbourhood with his mother. I was a broken kid at that time. I rarely talked to anyone. He always tried to approach me with an open heart. Contrast to me, he always was a patient and gentle person. He used to comfort me everytime I had a breakdown. Slowly we became very good friends. He knew all about my past, my family, my rivals, almost everything about me. He was more like a brother to me.

"Don't overdo it dude. I'm not letting you kill yourself" he said firmly and forced me to sit down on a chair. He went out and bought a water bottle and an ice pack. I gulped down water all at once. I realised I was extremely thristy after sweating out my anger for thirty minutes. After drinking water I cooled down a bit. He handed me the ice pack, I applied it on my swollen knuckles.