Chap. 21

"Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses."
- Lao Tzu
------------------

"Mark" a beautiful brunette girl smiled warmly at Mark and hugged him.

Mark's expressions softened and he hugged her back. "How are you?" he asked her with tenderness.

I was surprised at the warmth in his voice. She was the first ever person I saw him talking with such an affection.

"I'm fi-"

"Maaaaaaak" her voice was cutoff by a toddler's childish shouting as he ran in a wobbly manner and hugged Mark's leg. He hardly seemed to be around two years old. Mark laughed and picked him up. "How are you buddy?"

I smiled at the scene unfolding in front of me. It was completely new side of Mark. At this moment his claims that he wasn't a warm person were proving to be complete lies.

"Em pinee" toddler said proudly.

I couldn't help laughing at his adorableness. I realized I laughed a bit too loud when all of their heads turned my way. I got flustered by the sudden attention. Both Olivia and child were looking at me curiously.

I avoided looking directly into Mark's eyes which were focused on me now. I was still embarrassed about the reading room incident. Olivia gave Mark a silent questioning look.

"She is Andy, my personal maid." Mark answered Olivia's silent question and turned his attention to child drooling over his t-shirt.

Olivia laughed and gave him a wipe using which he carefully wiped child's mouth. Then he started playing with him making him laugh. I watched him in astonishment. I never thought he was this good at handling children.

Olivia approached me with a warm smile. "Well I'm guessing you already know my name by now. It's a surprise that my stubborn brother had taken a personal maid by himself. But I'm delighted to meet you Andy."

Brother? Now I understood why Mark was so affectionate towards her. I had never seen him showing any kind of affection towards any other person.

"I'm glad to meet you too Mrs Olivia." I said with a smile.

"Hey don't be too formal with me. Just call me Olivia." she laughed. "Think of me as your big sister or a friend."

"Sure. I would love that." I said cheerfully. She was very warm and down to earth person.

By now Mark was chasing the laughing baby in a monster like manner. I laughed at the way he was mimicking a monster. It was adorable. Child ran towards Olivia and hid his face into her legs. "Mommy."

Olivia picked child in her arms in a loving manner and kissed his cheeks. "Say hello to Andy, Ian."

He watched me curiously for few moments and said in his cute childish voice "Alo anyy."

"Hello Ian. You are so cute. How old are you?"

"To an a hap" he said showing his two fingers. All of us couldn't help laughing at his adorableness.

"Wow Andy you really make delicious tea. Now I know why my brother have chosen you as his personal maid." Olivia said appreciatively to me and then focused her teasing gaze back to Mark.

We were sitting in the living room drinking tea which I insisted on making for Olivia. She had put Ian to sleep as he was dozing off again and again.

"T-thanks." I said hesitantly.

I was getting nervous as Mark was sitting just in front of me. I was able to feel his occasional stares directed my way which were increasing my nervousness. I was still avoiding his direct gaze and praying that Olivia didn't go anywhere until my shift was over. I wasn't ready to face him alone and have an awkward conversation with him. I never lost control over my senses ever. I needed to enquire alone what the heck was wrong with me lately.