Chap. 19

"Because of a great love, one is courageous."
-Lao Tzu
--------------

Tina watched me in horror like I've turned into some paranormal creature and asked "You are kidding right?"

"No I'm serious." I stated simply.

I knew I was being stupid for putting myself in trouble willingly, but I didn't knew why I felt empathy for Mark. My heart wasn't allowing me to leave him miserable like this. I wanted to check whether he was alright or not.

"If you're fine about it, then I won't stop you. But please be careful. He is in a very bad mood." she said with concern.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." I gave Tina a reassuring smile and went out of the common room.

I opened the door to Mark's room slowly and peeked inside. He was lying on his bed with his eyes closed. I entered inside the room and closed the door.

"Haven't I told you all to get out." he said in a warning tone without opening his eyes. Despite him trying to sound threatening his voice sounded weak. His face was pale and he was shivering slightly. He seemed unwell.

I ignored his warning and went near his bed. I didn't knew where this courage was coming from. I sat on side of his bed and put my hand on his forhead to check his temperature. I gasped. He was burning with fever.

"Oh, it's you." he said in a raspy voice opening his eyes slowly.

I was surprised at the sudden calmness in his voice. The warning tone that he held few minutes ago was completely gone. I was expecting him to unleash his wrath on me.

I went to his cabinet and brought a comforter with me. I gently placed it above him. His shivering stopped.

"Why didn't you took medicine?" I asked.

"I don't need it. I'm fine." he said closing his eyes again.

"Are you kidding me! You're burning with fever. You look million miles away from being fine." I said in disbelief.

"It will be alright after sometime." he said without opening his eyes and turned his face to the other side. He looked like all of the energy has been drained out of his body still he was denying it. Stubborn idiot.

I went out of his room and bought medicine, water and a hand towel. I placed all the things on a nightstand beside his bed. He half opened his eyes and closed them again. I knew how weak fever could make you feel.

"Hey can you get up?" I gently nudged his shoulders. Though I didn't wanted to force him to get up in his already weakened state, but he needed to take medicine.

"I don't want to." he said hiding his face inside the comforter.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness. I gently pulled comforter down his head.

"Don't be stubborn okay. You have to take medicine no matter what. Let me help you get up." I gently grabbed his shoulders and tried to raise him slowly. Thankfully for once he didn't protested and sat up easily. After taking medicine he laid down again. I folded hand towel and dipped it in cold water bowl. I squeezed it to remove excess water from it and gently placed it above his forehead.

"You don't need to-"

"Yes I need to." I said firmly cutting him off. He didn't said anything else and closed his eyes.

After ten minutes his fever subsided to a great extent. He was now sleeping peacefully. I felt relieved.

I went to kitchen to prepare soup for him. My grandma had taught me her special recipe of soup for fever. She used to prepare it for me whenever I got fever. After thirty minutes soup was ready. I went back to his room.