~Chapter 36~

•Xavier•
My arm was bleeding, but that didn't stop me.
"I can't take it anymore" Chuck said making me sigh. The beast was unstoppable. Without our powers, or the gem, we can't beat it. I heard Jewel and Paisley scream. I looked up seeing them falling to the ground on the backs of their dragons. I groaned.
"What is taking those guys so long!?!" I yelled.

•Jaime•
I was still standing here, watching these guys. One of them, named Kirk ended up standing.
"Can we check up on our friend Eunice?" He asked making me cross my eyebrows at them.
"She's in the care of the Queen and she is not to be disturbed!" I snapped making Kirk jump back a bit. The other stood up, named William.
"Look, we need to know if she's ok. Sir, Prince, whoever you are" William said making me roll my eyes.
"Why are you keeping us away from her anyway?" Kirk asked making me point the spear at him.
"I don't know you for starters" I said making them scoff.
"But we know her, and she knows us! Get Kylah!" William yelled making me glare at him.
"No one shall disturb them!" I yelled making them both groan. Then John came running back with a Lighter blue gem in his hand.
"Let's go!" John yelled making William and Kirk run out with them.

•Xavier•
I was cutting its thick skin until I heard Chuck scream. I turned to him seeing him end up falling. I gasped and pulled my dragon away from the beast and flew towards Chuck. I caught him and landed onto the ground. I looked at him.
"Chuck? Chuck? You alright bud?" I asked seeing his chest was red. I put my hand on his chest, blood. I started to panic.
"Oh no, oh no stay with me buddy" I said making me shake his shoulders gently. All the sudden I heard Kirk, Will and John screaming. I looked up.

•Will•
"Ok we have to shine the gems light all over! So get ready to catch and move!" I yelled as John pushed the gem at the Beast's forehead seeing its light shine. The beast roared making John fly back and threw the gem towards me. I caught it and shined it at its shoulder. Once again the beast roared. I looked around for Kirk seeing him fly out from the beast's wings.
"Throw it now!!!" Kirk yelled making me pull my arm back and swing forward, throwing it towards him.

•Kirk•
I gasped seeing Will had thrown it a bit to high for me so I ended up jumping into the air and caught it. I pointed it towards its wings hearing the beast roar.

~~~

•Xavier•
I was stuck kneeling on the ground with Chuck in my arms. His eyes were still open and his forehead was bleeding. I felt the ground shake a little knowing everyone landed. I looked up at them seeing them limping. I looked back down at Chuck.
"The the beast gone?" I asked hearing them all pant.
"All...done" they said in between breaths making me look at John.
"Carry Chuck and find Someone who can heal him!" I screamed making them all jump. John came rushing towards me and picked Chuck up.
"What happened?" He asked making me stand.
"I don't know, I don't know, he's not answering back at me, his eyes are open but I'm sure he's sleeping" I said making John rush into the huge tree. Everyone including me ran in after him.

•Jaime•
I was still standing in front of the door until I heard running down in front of me. I pulled my spear out and pointed it forward. John was running towards me with Chuck in his hands. A few more people were running behind him. I pulled my spear down and rushed towards them.
"What happened?" I asked pulling Chuck into my arms.
"I don't know, Xavier was with him" John said making me turn to the door and rush in. The doors closed behind me seeing my mother look up at me. She gasped along with Kylah.
"What happened?" She asked as she rushed over to me.
"I don't know" I said making her start to panic.
"Place him on that Mat over there, Kylah check for his pulse" mother said making me place Chuck on the mat my mother pointed at. I laid him down and Kylah did her thing. I stood up and walked towards Eunice on the table. Mother was putting Vel leaves on her burnt areas.
"Is she gonna be alright?" I whispered making her look at me with a smirk. She chuckled. I smiled.
"She'll be fine Jaime. She is a tough one" she said making me smile once again.
"You may go with them, even stay with them if you want" she said making me look at her in shock.
"Mother-" I said making her look at me.
"Jaime. These guys are your friends now. Probably the only friends you will ever talk to. It is hard to find friends your age dear" she said making me sigh. I'm 200 years old, but I look like a young adult for crying out loud. My mother was about 430 years old and my father was 675.
"Are you sure mother? I mean I am the Prince here, I have responsibilities here, protecting the tree, teaching children-" I said until she shushed me.
"Jaime. I don't want you to worry about our customs here anymore. I want you to live your life. Me, Your father and your sister will keep things organized here. I don't want you to live a boring life here. Ham Belle, Jaime" she said making me smile. Ham Belle meant 'I love you' I pulled her forehead towards me making me kiss her forehead.
"And another reason why I want to you leave with them is so that you can stay with Eunice longer" she whispered making me roll my eyes. Then all the sudden, the room was silent and all I heard was crying. I turned to Kylah, kneeling on the ground beside Chuck. I slowly walked over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder.
"Kylah?" I whispered making her stand and look at me.
"He's-" she paused making me look down at Chuck.
"What-" I whispered until Kylah rushed out of the room. I looked at Chuck.

•Will•
Kylah barged out of the doors making us all stand.
"Kylah? Are you-" I asked making her cry and run up to me and hug me. I gasped a little. I, I, I, I don't know what to do... I hugged her back and saw Jaime walk out through the doors. He had this look.
"Jaime...is" he said making us all gasp.
"No...no!" Xavier and Ben shouted making them stomp towards the doors until Kirk ran up in front of them and pushed them back. They fought. I pulled off Kylah and helped push them back. Xavier ended up gripping onto my collar. He cried.
"I'm sorry, im sorry" I whispered as he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back.
"It's alright, Xavier, it's alright" I whispered as I patted his back. He was crying. Chuck...dead? No...