Chapter 16

(The pic up top is Alexa. R.I.P Alexa.)

The funeral went smoothly. A few tears were shed, I myself shed tears too. If I cared for anything other than Jericho, it was Alexa. She was my best friend sister, and I killed her. I freaking killed my sister! Most of my tears were of anger, not at Alexa, but myself. It pained me to see her lifeless body in a black casket with red roses up and down the sides. Just what she wanted.

We put pictures and flowers outside her burial site.

After we got home after the funeral,we had a party. My birthday was in two days.

Lights strobes were everywhere in the ball room of the pack house. Bodies were grinding, faces were sucking the life out of each other. I was pressed up against Jericho. He growled at anything and everything that merely accidentally brushes my shoulder.

"Dude, it's really packed in here. They don't mean to. Calm down." I said shushing his growls. He growled more.

"I would rather be upstairs with you." He said.

I put that into consideration. "We could go up there...but for different reasons..." I said. His smile faded quickly. Bingo.

"But babe..." he whined.

"Don't babe me. We just met."

"Yeah. Like a week or more ago." He argued.

"You're so cute!" I said thumping his nose.

"Don't you think that it's weird that we are having a party right after a funeral?" Jericho asked.

"Well it is for my birthday. And, I wanted to have it before Alexa's spirit arose. She would have wanted this. It's almost like she is partying with us." I explain, Jericho nodding at every word.

"I guess you're right. Say, why don't we go to your room and I read you a bed time story?" Jericho insisted.

"What am I, six?" I laughed. "Get serious."

"I'm dead serious."

I stopped laughing and looked up at him to see him looking at me with his big blue orbs. Darn. Stupid puppy eyes!

"Fine!" I said dragging him along with me. As we approached my room I stopped, "wait here for a minute, ok?"

He growled but I shushed him by putting my face real close to his.

"Don't make me punish you." I said in a seductive voice. He looked at me smirking. "Now I will come get you in a minute." I said and rushed to my room closing and locking the door behind me.

I started by throwing my stuffed bear collection off my bed and under it. Then I flipped my black and white kitty blanket over to the just black. I laughed to myself at how nervous I was. He would love my room no matter how childish. And yet i turned down my photo album from all the years since I was seven, which I'm still filling. He would think it was just a book.

Then I saw it.

Gone With the Wind.

My all time favorite classic. No matter how many books I had on my book shelf, and I had a lot, this was the one I loved most. It stood out to me. Scarlet was my favorite character. She was beautiful and well with the men, but she was always green with envy. 'Just like me', I thought.

"I love that book", his voice made me nearly jump out of my computer chair.

"H-how did you get in here?" I asked.

He held up something metal and shiny. "Sniffed out your key. Could have at least found a better hiding place rather than behind the plaque outside your door. Never knew you attended my elementary school. We were in fifth grade together."

"We were?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. Mrs. Welch. Great lady I must say. She is one fireball." I laughed at his statement.

"Oh yeah. Remember Mr. Lenny? Our first substitute? She came from her meeting and he had taught us all the wrong things and she sure let him have it!" I laughed spinning in the chair. Suddenly I'm being picked up. I noticed Jericho sitting in the chair and me in his lap. He spun us slowly and gradually got faster.

"God, you're so beautiful. Your laugh is so precious, like if I don't catch it, it will float away in the wind." He said. I blushed leaving my head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes of spinning, I got up and crawled in my bed not even taking my dress off.

"Once upon a time, there was a girl in fifth grade..." Jericho started. I could already feel my eye lids drooping.
"The girl met a fifth grade guy and they fell madly in love..."

I never heard the rest because I was enveloped with darkness and dreaming about the girl and boy who suspiciously reminded me of Jericho and myself.

••••••••••

Authors note.

So in the description of this book, it said they knew each other with out knowing it. Well this chapter explains it. Fifth grade. How the memories of all our little times flood back and make us never want to grow up. I guess that's a wrap! hope you enjoyed this chapter and keep reading.

Read!

Vote!

Fan!

Share!

Comment!

That's all folks!

~sparkletone~