Chapter 19

"Love is a funny thing isn't it?" an angelic voice said in the back of my mind.

"Who-"

"All in good time Anna." the voice cut me off. I tried blinking the darkness from my sight, but it didn't want to go away.

"Why can't I see?"

The soft voice laughed slightly. "It's more safer that way." I couldn't tell if it was a man or women, the voice was too delicate and fine.

"Why?"

"So many questions. So curious."

"Who?" I asked.

"You of course. You are so open minded. So innocent." Then it hit me.

"Are you an angel?" I asked embarrassed.

The soft laugh sounded again. "No dear. I'm the unseen. I'm here to help you."

I nodded blindly, not sure where to look even though I couldn't see.

"So if you're the unseen...what does that mean?"

"It means I'm a person of darkness and power. But I'm not evil." The trance told me.

"Why would you be evil?" I asked.

"I-uh. I'm a...it doesn't matter!" the voice growing anxious.

"But you said-"

"It doesn't matter!!" the voice angry now, no hint of sweetness. "Just remember that your mate might not be exactly what he seems. Keep that in mind when you go on your date and when you tell him you love him."

"Wait! How'd you know about the date?" but I was late on asking. A force so strong had knocked me so far away.

"Wait! Wait!" I shouted into the dark nothingness.

"Wake up. Anna, dear, please wake up." A sweet voice awoke me from my dream. I shook. "Come on Anna."

I slowly cracked my eyes and saw similar ones to my own. "Mother?"

A smile broke over her face, "You were having a nightmare. You were screaming "wait" and "how"." Worry visible in her cover-up smile.

"Oh. It felt so real mother. Like I was in another world and I couldn't see anything but darkness. The voice said something about my mate." I explained briefly, not sure if I should go into much detail.

"A voice?"

I nodded. "What is a person of power and darkness but not always evil?"

My moms face went into concern. "Why. Did this 'voice' say something about a person like that?"

"Um..." I replied slowly.

"Tell me."

"I can't remember honestly." I lied easily.

I've always been a great liar. But if anyone could see through them, it was my mother, and she didn't look convinced at the moment.

"Well...i guess you better start packing." She said and stood up from my bed.

My mind went in total excitement. "Oh. My. Gosh. Thank you mother. Thank you, I'm so happy right now!" I squealed. She looked bored for a moment.

"Who would've known you would get so excited to pack lunches for the pups that are going to the summer camp." She said and I dead panned.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Now get your butt dressed and lets get started taking orders for what kind of sandwich these kids like. Then we have to make them."