Chapter 18

Everything changed the moment I said those words. I had so much to do, so many people to persuade. Mother would be all for it, but she would cry that her "pup is leaving the den". that's what happened with my oldest sister, the oldest of us four. She found her mate at sixteen, and moved five states over with him. We haven't seen her since. I was twelve then, and sixteen now. Mom will think its a repeat of Rebecca, my sister.

As I walked to my mother office, I planned on what to say. "Mom, I found my mate!" no, she already knows that. I can't just tell her that I'm moving in with him, she'll understand, but I don't know what her reaction will be. I looked down at my list of people and the job I'm doing.

Mom: persuade to let me move in with Jericho.
Quinn: give Jericho the "big brother" talk.
Brandon: be the sister for him.
Dad: persuade to let me Move in with Jericho.
Alpha and Luna.

I know the alpha and Luna will let me since I have only two choices: move with him since he's an alpha or, reject him and stay here.

Sometimes I think of myself as stupid. Did I really just tell an alpha I would move in with him after I just met him? I could have told him no, after all, he isn't my alpha. But I couldn't say no without a very good and high level reason.

As I approached my mothers office door, I paced my breathing in hope of calming down my heart rate. I knocked twice and heard a faint feminine 'come in please' and I did just so.

"Oh, hello dear," she set down her pen and and reading glasses, "what is it?"

"I had some business to speak over with you and soon later with father. It is very important." I briefly explained my dilemma. She nodded and cleared her throat.

"Well what sense of business is this honey?" she intertwined her fingers with each hand as she spoke carefully, caution dripping off her words. I gulped and took a deep breath.

"Well I've found my mate,"

"Correct darling. What about him? Has he done something to you?" I shook my head.

"No no mother. Um.. He is an alpha."

"Of the Blood Moon pack I presume?"

"Yes mother. But he needs to go back to his pack and lead again, and since he found me, I must...go with him..." I looked up at my mom and saw her rubbing her temples with her eyes closed. "Mom?"

"..."

"Mother are you alright?" I asked.

She sighed, "go get your father please. I have to talk with him privately."

"But mom, I thought-"

"Go get your father. Now." She cut me off.

I solemnly stood up and went to the door opening it, but I turned around before walking out, "you know I have to. I won't elope like Rebecca. I will come see you every weekend, and call you everyday. Just think about it." I walked out slamming the office door behind me.

As I was walking outside and up the hill in the back, I saw someone at the single tree at the top. Since I was heading there anyways, I decided to see who it was.

I got closer and I noticed who it was when I get ten feet away from them. Their smell hit me like a run away train.

"Jericho."

He looked at me and smiled, "I figured it was you."

"May I?" I gestured to the spot beside him.

"You don't have to ask." He told me, "I'll always say yes." I blushed at his statement and sat on the soft grass.

I looked up at the slowing sunset in a comfortable silence.

"Anna, can I ask you something?" I looked at him and he was already looking into my eyes. I nodded. "Well, I was wondering that maybe, just maybe, you would go on a date with me?" he looked at the ground.

"Yes." We laced our fingers and watched the sunset together.

••••••••••••••