Chapter 1: Herr Doctor Tenma

(Before I begin I would like to say that I will be graduating High school in the next month! So I will be adding more literature soon! As for now, this is a new OC in the works. Her name is Liza Schertöffen and she's a nurse at the hospital that Doctor Tenma works at. Please enjoy and comment* -💜☺️ Aura)

"Paging.. Doctor Tenma!"

The young Asian Doctor came running out of the NICU after performing brain surgery on a infant that had early onset Parkinson's Disease. I was working at the Nurse's desk in the pediatric wing when I first saw him being paged here. I could help but admire him, and in fact I looked up to him. Doctor Kenzo Tenma.... Such a sweet man he was, and he was also a great brain surgeon. Not to mention...handsome. However, he was taken by the hospital directors daughter, Eva. I cringed at the sight of her since all she had wanted was money. I abhorred her entirely at the amount of things that she would brag about when talking. Tenma needed someone better, but I can't confess my feelings.
He walked up and talked to me. "Nurse Liza?" I almost dropped my files when he said my name. "Y-Yes Doctor Tenma?"
"Can you please accompany me to my next patient?"
"Y-Yes, I can!"
I directed Doctor Tenma to a young girl with a terminal brain tumor. "Are you my doctor?" The young girl was laying still and barely moved, so she must have been in a lot of pain.
"Yes. I am Dr.Tenma. What is your name?"
"Alice. I'm from Britain."
"Is it nice in Britain?"
"It is. My parents told me that you were a good doctor, and said that you might be able to remove my brain tumor."
"There is a possibility that I can. We have to perform a MRI on your brain as well as a cat-scan to see where the tumor growth is located. If it's located on a operable area, then it can be removed and we can start treatment. From there, we can then give you the options of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a mixture of both. There is also a new test drug available. "
"Thank you, Dr.Tenma.." The little girl smiled more as I walked over to her side. "Hello. I'm Nurse Liza, and I will be taking care of you. You can also call me Ms.Liza if you wish to do so."
"Thank you."
"I actually got a little friend for
You."
"You did?"
I handed her a stuffed animal of a black Labrador retriever, and I saw her hazel eyes light up in delight. "T-Thank you!! So much!" Tears were falling from her eyes like raindrops.
"T-This is the nicest thing that a nurse has ever done for me..."
I smiled. "I'm here to provide smiles and love to everyone who comes here and is placed under my care. I am a friend."
"Thank you... Really, thank you."
We left her room to give her and her family time to decide on the cancer treatment options.
"Liza." Tenma looked at me as we walked down the hallway. "I've never known for you to do that."
"I wanted to because I love making people happy. It's my job."
"Your job?"
"Yes, it is."
We both smiled at each other happily.
"Want to go grab a drink after work?"
"No.. Eva and I have dinner plans.."
"Tenma.. I worry about you and her.. She.. Isn't the best with you.."
"W-What do you mean? She does treat me well!"
"From what you believe... Please just trust me Tenma..
I'm trying to help."