Chapter 8: Johan Appears! Meeting Mr.Hans Schuvald

Touring though out Berlin's famous college, Tenma and I felt skeptical.

"Liza. He's here somewhere..." Tenma drew in a sigh. "Today will be the day that I end his life."

"Kenzo..." I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Please be careful... You don't know what may happen if you are caught with your gun. I don't want you to get sent to jail..." My grip tightened and I looked down. Tenma's eyes softened, and he drew me close in an embrace. "Liza...Don't cry... I'm going to make sure that this happens at the right time, not the wrong. I don't want to freak Dieter out either. " Dieter stood a little farther back, playing with his soccer ball that Tenma had gotten him just a few days ago. "Dieter, don't play with the soccer ball around here. You could seriously hurt someone..." He stopped and picked up the soccer ball. "Sorry about that. I'll stop." We walked through the courtyard of the campus, Tenma was a little more so on the side of appreciating nature, while I was kept on looking around. I wanted to make sure that Johan does not appear in Tenma's direct line of sight.

"Ah! There he is!" I thought as I saw him walking then with two other people. A boy and a girl. "Loette! I can't go to the dance tonight...I have to read to my father.. It just sucks that he doesn't know that I'm his son.." Johan smiled and put a hand on the boy's shoulder. "He will notice you soon enough...Just give it time." He turned my direction from a distance and could see us from where we were, even though it was practically across the way. "Tenma?" Dieter tapped him on the shoulder and pointed in the direction that Johan was. Tenma began to turn in that direction, and I had to act. I jumped in front of the way that Johan was at and looked up at one of the trees that had an array of the colors of autumn on it.

Tenma sighed with content. "So beautiful...Liza..." I turned to him and blushed, giggling, and then flashed a smile. "Thank you, Kenzo." We walked straight past them (luckily Tenma didn't notice), and I turned back to glance at Johan. He flashed me a creepy grin, and it made me feel rather uneasy. "Why don't we go to the library? Apparently there's going to be a guest speaker there today... Mr...Schuvald..?"

"Alright. Dieter, behave well while we are there. You can read some books."

"Okay." He kicked the soccerball a little bit while we were still in the courtyard of the campus.

------In the Library---------

Dieter hid under a table while Tenma and I hid on top of a bookshelf, somewhat cuddling. A security guard came by the check the area, but then left for the night because he believed that the library was safe.

"Kenzo.." I cuddled against him, hoping though that he would be okay. "Liza..." He pulled me close to him and kissed my forehead. "Thank you. I've needed this all day."

"H-Huh?" I blushed. "Cuddles?"

"No." He smiled with a blush. "I've wanted to be close to you all day. We haven't had much time like this at all lately."

He kissed me on the lips. "I love you, Liza."

"I love you too...Kenzo."

Hours past and we hid again as the opening hours began. People began filing in and crowding a large section of the library.
Staying silent, I watched Tenma assemble the sniper gun.
"Are you sure you want to do this...Tenma?"
He carefully aimed at Johan's forehead, but they found his view to be obstructed.
"Damn.."
"Just wait Kenzo.." I gently placed my hand on his shoulder.
"Liza.."
Johan rolled Mr.Schuvald up to center stage, and had the microphone lowered so that Mr.Schuvald could speak.
"Hello, friends... and I thank you for coming to the opening of Munich College's grand prestigious library. Half of my old literary works that I had owned are now here for all of your enjoyment.
That's when the assassin whom was hired by someone to kill Tenma appeared.
"Ah. I don't think you two shall be killing Johan.. he is the new destiny for Germany's future! He will be the rise of the fourth Reich!"
Tenma picked up his gun and tried to hit the assailant with the butt of it. The assailant accidentally fired his gun into the air, sending the crowd into a frenzy.
Through the depths of the frenzy, someone in the crowd accidentally knocked over a oil lamp that was lit on a nearby desk edge. It immediately caught on fire and began spreading rapidly to other parts of the library.
"Fire! Evacuate the building!"

People tried to push and shove their ways out, but many got stuck as they tried pushing the large doors open. They opened inward, not out; which in the mid 1990's is a serious safety code violation.
"Kenzo.. I'm scared..." I held onto his arm as Dieter then clung to his leg.
"Tenma!"
"Liza, Dieter... we got to get out of here! Quick, let's take that window and then run around to open the doors to let everyone out!"
"Right!" We ran and burst out of the window and continued through our quick, elaborate plan.
"Alright everyone evacuate the library in a safe manner! We do not want any casualties here!" Tenma and I motioned calmly for the people to escape.
Meanwhile, we couldn't find Johan or Mr.Schuvald.
"Shit..."