A Late Night Drink/ Framed I

"So, Liza. Would you like to go out for a drink with me?"
"I'd love to, Kenzo."
As we hit the streets, paved in light, we looked for a nice bar to go to for a few drinks.
We found one, an Asian fusion bar. Walking in, it was a bright atmosphere with music by Japan and David Sylvian.
"Such a glorious atmosphere.."
"It is indeed. Kenzo..?"
"Hm?"
"Do you like sake?"
"I do. It was a drink from my native country."
"Japan, right?"
"Yes. How about you, Liza? Do you like it?"
"I do. It's really good!!"
He showed a soft smile as we ordered some drinks and began to unwind for the night.
----some hours later----
"Liza- l-let me take you home... Y-you're drunk..." Tenma slurred.
"N-No let me t...take you home.. You're drunk!" I slurred, wobbly in balance.
Upon walking on the streets, drunkenly laughing at each other, until we fell in the alley in a drunken stupor.
--------------
Hours later, I woke up in my apartment in my pajamas. I walked up and out into the living room to see Tenma curled up on the couch. "K-Kenzo? Are you okay?!"
"We both got drunk last night, remember?"
"Ah... Yeah..."
"Well it's a few hours before we formally get our shifts in, but I want to go early.. I'd like to check in on Johan and Nina."
"Alright. The both of us can go."
"Good. That's what I was hoping for."
------------------
We were in Johan's room and he was connected to a bunch of life support systems and defib machines. "Poor thing.." I said, sadly. "He's just a child.."
"Well.." Kenzo smiled softly. "It was because of me saving him that cost me my chance of a promotion..." He paused. "And if I could just.. Wish for anything....I WISH THE DIRECTOR WAS DEAD!"
"Kenzo..." I looked at him with worry. As he looked up at me and smiled awkwardly. "I-I'm really sorry about that.."
"It's alright, Kenzo. Things happen. Just don't let rage consume you."
"I don't plan on it."
"Good."
We left the hospital and headed down the streets again to get a drink.
——————————————
"You're drunk!"
"N-Nooooo you're drunk!"
"Fuck, we're both drunk!" We both chuckled as we tumbled down the path to get to our homes.

"Liza.." Tenma regained some sobriety.

"Yes?" I replied, similar actions among myself.

"Thank you for being there for me ever since Eva decided to be a bitch and break my heart. I really believe that I'm finding some joy and laughter in life again more than ever before. Thank you, so much. "

A smile spread across my face. "Of course Kenzo. It's the least I could do for you."

"..and..Liza?"

"Hm?"

"You've made my life better. Thank you."

"Tenma, of course. "

He gently took my hand in his. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He smiled gently once again.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kenzo." I smiled as he placed his hand on my cheek gently.
-----------------------------
The next morning, the hospital was abustle with much of the staff panicking. There were police around as well. As Tenma and I arrived, we were shocked to see this.

"W-What is going on here?" Tenma asked the head nurse in the ER, Merida.
"The Director of the Hospital was killed last night! He ate a candy that was filled with a poison!"
"What?" Tenma gave a shocked look.
"Excuse me?" A voice was sounded behind us. Turning around we saw a tall, skinny man who looked about mid-40's. His hair was thinning, and he had a creepy mannerism about himself.
"My name is Henrich Lunge and I'm an inspector from the BKA. You're Doctor Kenzo Tenma, correct?"
"Yes." Lunge eyed me while he and Tenma were speaking.
"I'm sorry to have to cut you short, Detective Lunge, but Nurse Liza and I have to get to attaining patients..."
He let out a small chuckle as we left him standing there. "I'll come by later to ask you both questions..." I turned around to nod but he mouthed: "You" and that was it.
--------------------------
"Alright, so how are you today Alice?"
A young girl about 6 years old was in today for a check-up with Tenma and I.
"Good Nurse Liza."
"Have you been taking your medicine?" She was in previously for an infection and was prescribed Penicillin. "I'm feeling fantastic thanks to Doctor Tenma!" I smiled as I checked her pulse, blood pressure (BP), height, weight, and reflexes.
"Okay! So you're weighing in at 88 pounds. Height is '4"6, and your pulse is great as well as your BP— which is 122/86. May I ask of you, are you active?"
"As in moving around a lot and playing outside with friends?"
"Yes." I nodded.
"Yes. I play with my friends just about everyday."
"Ah, good! Doctor Tenma should be in momentarily—"
"Hello there Alice!" Tenma walked in with his amazing smile. "Doctor Tenma!!" She hugged him, it was practically adorable. "I see you are in a healthy manner!"
"I am!"
"Great!" He smiled and happily clapped his hands together. "Have you taken all of your penicillin as prescribed?"
"Yes. My mother made sure that I would always take my medicine. I've felt a lot better!"
"Good. I'm very glad. Now let me just give you a quick check-up and you'll be good to go."
Tenma checked her heartbeat, breathing pattern, ears, eyes, throat, and joints. She checked her reflexes again, to then check her equilibrium. She's healthy.
"Well you are set to go! Have a great day Alice!"
"Thank you Doctor Tenma!!" She joyfully skipped out of the room.
Tenma smiled and exited the room as I followed and he placed the girls files on the desk. I quickly put them in their area and followed after Tenma again.
That's when Lunge and Tenma were talking. I listened in.
"Kenzo Tenma, you are being charged with the murders of young couples..."
"What? I would never...-!"
I immediately burst in the room and glared at Inspector Lunge. "TENMA WOULD NEVER HURT ANYONE!" Lunge stared at me, dumbfounded.
"Well.. Welcome Nurse Liza.. Or should I say... Accomplice.."
"What?!"