Johan and Anna

As I sat on my desk watching the news hour, something disturbing had shown. The Governor and his wife have been killed while their son had been critically injured and their daughter had been traumatized. Just when I was about to talk to Tenma, the two children were being brought in.  As this was occurring, I was speechless. Tenma was rushing out in his surgical gear to investigate what was going on himself, and saw that the other doctors were frantically moving to save the boy. He was going to be giving surgery to an opera singer who had a major stroke, but once he saw that the boy was about to die, he had to take action. "Doctor Tenma! You're going against what the director told you! Tenma!"
He walked into the O.R. where I had been, assisting other surgeons. "Doctor Tenma? What are you doing in here?"
"I'm here to save this kids life."
Tenma began operating after the anesthetic was given. "Don't worry, I'll save you!"
A small bone saw was used to split the cranium and open it up to access the brain. Tenma searched a little until he found where the billet had penetrated. "Ah. Here it is.." He used a small set of tweezers to pull the bullet out and set it in a sterile metal tray. Q
"Disinfect that and take care of it, Liza."
"Right away!" I placed the bullet in disinfectant and placed it in a small biohazard plastic bag, which would probably be used as a carrier of evidence.
Then the skull was stapled back in place and a series of more staples used to attach the scalp back to the skull. "Alright. He's good for recovery." Tenma walked out with me in tow, but to his dismay, a few doctors from the other O.R. had walked out and stopped us. "I can't believe you, Tenma.. You caused a patient to die! And the Director is very upset about this. He wishes to speak to you in fact." I got a glance at Tenma's face before he walked off.
He looked.. Solemn..
"Tenma... Please be okay..."
With no one knowing, I silently walked to the outside of the Director's office, and had overheard a large portion of his and Tenma's conservation.
"Tenma you cost the life of an important client to save a child who was just about to crash and bleed out from major head trauma. I'm very disappointed in you.."
"But sir!-"
"No buts here, Dr.Tenma! You went against my orders! I'm going to be putting this into consideration of the board of what may happen from this mistake!"
"Yes sir..."
"You may go, Dr.Tenma..."
He walked out and saw me waiting beside the door of the director's office.
"How long have you been waiting here, Liza?"
"About ten minutes.."
"What did you hear..?"
"A lot of things.. But that doesn't mean anything, Tenma! You saved that boy's life! He's got many of years ahead of him! I couldn't be much more proud of you than I already am!"
"Liza..." His eyes were swelling up with tears. I could tell that Tenma was getting really close to breaking down.
"Dr. Tenma...." I wrapped my arms around him in an embrace and drew him close to me as he cried on my shoulder. "I'm always going to be here for you, Tenma.. Just as you have been here for me."
"Thank you... Liza..."
-----------------------
Later on there was a banquet for medical personnel at a local banquet hall in Berlin. Tenma and I were both going there. While they were announcing awards, they were announcing one for the head of Neurosurgeon. However, they didn't announce Tenma's name. Instead, another was announced.
Tenma lead me over to the director and asked him about what was going on.
"What is going on Director? I should have been the rightful one to win that award!"
"I'm sorry Dr.Tenma, but you've lost that chance since you went against my orders.."
Tenma turned and began walking out. I ran after him and his fiancé, Eva, pulled up in a small Cadillac.
"Eva! Thank god, you gotta help me! You gotta tell the director-"
"You really are a fool, Kenzo..." Eva grinned and dropped the engagement ring in front of Tenma.
"No... Not another bad thing to happen to Tenma... I want to kill that bitch for hurting him!"
"Eva...."
She walked inside the banquet hall and shut the doors behind her. Tenma stood there, staring at the ground.
"Tenma..."
"Liza..."
"I can't bear to see you this way.."
He looked up at me as I continued on.
"You are special to me, and I really care about you. And if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't enjoy my job as much as I do.."
"Liza.."
"Tenma, please smile.. Please be happy.. I'll do whatever it takes to make it such."
He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. "Thank you.."
"Of course.. Kenzo."
His eyes lit up happily when I called him by his actual name.
"Liza. May I take you out for a drink?"