Chapter Ten: FastFoward-

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MONSTER ANIME (NAOKI URASAWA'S MONSTER!!) A year after all of the incidents,
Johan was in the hospital once again for a head injury after Tenma had shot him as he had wished. Johan barely lived again, but Tenma believed that Johan could become a better person.
---Opperationssaal 1-------
"Liza, pass me the fasteners." Tenma placed Johan's head gently in what almost seemed like something to keep his head upright during the surgery. Handing Tenma the fasteners, Johan's skull was placed within the fasteners. His hair was then shaved off and his skin was gently cut open with a scalpel. Tenma then took a bone saw and cut the top portion of the skull open to find the bullet.
-----a flashback------

Tenma and I stood in front of a small town bar towards the border of Germany as we had came face to face with Johan.
"I'm tired of running away Tenma.." Tenma pulled out his gun and aimed it at Johan's forehead as he even pointed. "You see, the only things that humans are equal in, is death."
"Johan!!!"  BANG! POP!
A gun had been fired as I looked up from hiding in fear and saw Tenma's gun smoking. Johan had fallen, beginning to bleed out. His blonde hair stained with red splatter and his blue eyes draining.
----------------------------------------------
Tenma had managed to remove the video bullet and placed it in a nearby metal container. "Tenma.. are you sure that you're doing the good thing?"
He nodded with a smile. "I'm here to save lives and improve them. Not to end them or make than worse."
I sighed and smiled.
"Thread for stitches, yes?"
He chuckled.
"Good call and yes, please. I also need the staples to reattach his skull."
Handing Tenma what he needs, I took a careful watch over to make sure that no hemorrhages would occur." Tenma safely reapplied the top of the skull back on with staples and began to reattach the skin and muscle back together using staples for the majority. Towards the Johan's temples, Tenma used stitches since the layers of skin were smaller and there was little muscle in that area.
"Take him to the recovery room." A staff of nurses and aides wheeled the unconscious Johan into the recovery room while Tenma and I assisted the cleaning staff with cleaning up the operation room.
"Thank you Doctor Tenma and Head Nurse Liza.. we couldn't be anymore thankful of your help."
Tenma showed his usual soft smile. "It's no problem. Anyway, Liza and I are going to be on a vacation for a little while."
"Wait, I didn't know about this.." I stood there, shocked as Tenma got down on one knee. He pulled out a dark blue box from the pocket of his lab coat and looked up at me with a smile. "Liza, I know we have been together for three years and counting and all, but you've been such a great person in my
Life. You treat me well and respect me. You let me be myself and appreciate everything. I would really appreciate it,Liza... if you would take my hand in marriage as being the Mrs.Kenzo Tenma.."
My light brown eyes lit up and tears started to fall. The nurses and doctors whom were under me smiled and cheered as I said: "Yes! I  will be yours!!" Tenma took my left hand and placed the beautiful engagement ring on my ring finger. He then stood up and hugged me tightly. "I love you."
"I love you, Kenzo.. thank you so much.."

Two days later, we had arrived in Japan, Tenma's home country. "My parents run a small clinic in the rural outskirts of Kyoto Prefecture. I'd like you to finally meet them. I've told them a lot about you." He held my hand as we walked down a long dirt path lined with crops that appeared to be corn. "Kenzo, I've also been thinking.."
"Yes?"
"Do you want kids? You seem to be so good with them."
He blinked in surprise and smiled. "I could honestly ask you the same thing."
"I do, but I don't know when we should consider having children."
He stopped and cupped my cheek with a hand. "Whenever your comfortable, I am. I think you'll make a great mother." A blush spread across my cheeks. "Y-You think?"
"Yes." He chuckled. "You're so cute."
We arrived in front of Tenma's parents clinic. "Alright, take your shoes off first. This is a custom in my country."
Taking my shoes off, Tenma knocked on the door. "Hello?"
"Tenma? Come in!! Did you bring your fiancé?"
"I did!" It was I'm assuming his father.
"Come on in you two!"
I followed Tenma inside to his parents clinic to see his mother and father in lab coats.
"Ah, so you must be Tenma's fiancé, Liza! We have heard so much of you! He never stops talking about you when he calls us!"  His mother walked forward and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to the family." She Rose back up and smiled. "You're even more beautiful in person!" I blushed and Tenma chuckled. "She is quite beautiful."
His father came forward. "My name is Ayato Tenma and my wife here is Tatsuki Tenma. We both are happy to have you here." He bowed as well. I bowed low and smiled.
"I thank you both for your hospitality and I'm so very thankful to have finally
met you both!"
They both exchanged smiled amongst each other and Tenma. "You picked a really respectable girl." Tenma pulled me close to him. "She's one of a kind."
"Let me show you two to your room."
Tatsuki lead us to a big old fashioned room with a fancy yukata for me and a male yukata for Tenma. "There is a hot spring out back. Enjoy it! If you need anything from us, Tenma, we will be headed home for the night. You two have fun now!"
She left and about 10 mins later, they had both departed from the clinic.
"K-Kenzo.."
"Liza.. c-can we start our family..?"
"N-Now?" A dark red blush spread across my cheeks.
"Yes.. I'm ready to start my life with you. You are too, right?"
"I am." I learned against his shoulder as he turned me towards him. He picked my chin up so I could be looking into his soft brown eyes. That's when he gently pushed me onto the mattress that was on the floor.