Framed II

I stared at Lunge as he had said that before Tenma and myself.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I was going to run at Lunge and punch him, but Tenma held me back.
"Let me talk with her in my office for a second. I'll have her calmed down.."
Tenma pushed me into his office and shut the door. "Liza..."
"Tenma.. Let me go."
"No. I can't do that. If you punch him, you're out of a job... In fact, you'll be in jail. Do you really want that?"
"No. I don't."
Tenma cupped my cheek with his hand. "Liza. I know you wouldn't harm someone. Neither of us would. That's why we went into the medical field.. Correct?"
"Yes.." I looked down. I was saddened that I had acted like this in front of him.
"Liza.." He held my chin up with his finger and I was looking into his soft brown eyes. His hand cupped my cheek again and we edged our faces towards each other and closed our eyes.
In an instant, I felt Tenma's lips against mine in a kiss. It was warm, soft... And it felt so right to me. We continued to kiss and brought me close to him. He ran his fingers through my hair and then our lips parted. We looked at each other, blushing hard.
"L-Liza.."
"K-Kenzo.."
"Daisuki." He said in Japanese. "Do you know what it means?"
"No... W-What does it mean?"
"It means: 'I love you'. Because I do.. I love you Liza. You are so important and special to me."
"Kenzo.. I love you too.. I always have. Ever since I first met you. I just thought that I was out of your league..."
He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "I thought the same of you! But look... Liza.. Can you be mine?"
"Y-You mean date?"
"Yes."
"Y-Yes!" I hugged him tightly, burrowing my head in his chest. I snuggled softly as he chuckled and hugged me tightly.
Lunge knocked on the door.
"Is everything okay, Doctor Tenma? Nurse Liza?"
"Ah! Yes! She's calmed down a lot. We will be out."
Tenma looked at me and mouthed: "Stay natural. Or he will think that we were the murderers."
I nodded and followed him out.
"Nurse Liza. Were you and Doctor Tenma out anywhere last night?"
"We just went out for drinks after work but came home. We live really close to each other."
"So you both were not near the address of 23 Ulrich street then?"
"No."
"Alright. You two are free from my questions for now. But I'll be keeping my eye around. If you see any strange things going on here, please inform me."
"Thank you."
Lunge walked up and left when the new hospital director walked in.
"Doctor Tenma, Nurse Liza. We'd like you at the Board meeting please."
As we followed the Director, I looked up at Tenma. "Kenzo..?"
"Yes?"
"Why are we going to a board meeting with the director? I'm so lost.."
"I think I know why..."
Opening the doors, the members of the Board were clapping for us. "W-What?"
"Congrats you two!!"
Tenma and I just stared at each other, dumbfounded.
"Doctor Kenzo Tenma, you've been promoted to head of Surgery!"
"T-Thank you!" He bowed.
"Nurse Liza. You've been promoted to head of Nursing!"
"Thank you!" I bowed.
"You know the types of duties that you both will be expected to carry out, but we will not be separating the two of you. You both will still be your little team. Do good work for us, understood."
"Yes!"
---------------------- back in Tenma's office------

"Kenzo."
"Yes, Liza?"
"I'm really proud of you.. You've done well.."
"I'm proud of you too." He smiled, bringing me close to him again.
"We make quite the team, don't we?"
He kissed my cheek happily.
"Yes.. We do.. Kenzo."
He blushed as I have called him by his first name again.
"I don't know why I'm not used to that yet.. Everytime you call me by my first name, I blush..."
"That's because you like it." I smiled. "You're with someone who will treat you right. "
"I'll treat you so well, Liza.." He kissed my lips softly. "I love you."
"I love you too Kenzo."
He blushed again, a little flustered. "I still can't get over that!!!" He smiled and chuckled.
------------------- Nightfall----------
"Kenzo.. Where are we going?"
"I'm taking you out to dinner!"
"Oh! Where?"
"I'm taking you to a hibachi grill!"
I started thinking about Japanese food. I love it due to all of its tastes. "Wait. Liza?"
I was daydreaming of food. "Ah.... Sushi.."
Tenma laughed and held my hand, causing me to jump. "Ah, Kenzo!"
"You were daydreaming about sushi.. I take it you like food from my country?"
"Y-Yes.."
He smiled. "That's cute. I like it when you blush." He kissed my forehead.
"Aw Kenzo!"