Chapter 10 - Am I Starting To Like Pokemon?

I awoke to my pokegear's ringing. Groggily, I picked up.

"Hello?" I say, trying not to sound irritated.

"Hey Elron! Are you going to see the Magikarp crossing?"

I just woke up and you're already asking me questions?! "Ummm... Who is this?"

"Who else?! It's Ryuusuke from Meteor Falls!"

"Oh, it's you. Hey, do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Seven in the morning. What of it?"

Oh, so I guess I should probably get up soon anyways. I sat up in my sleeping bag. "Nevermind. What's this about Magikarp?"

"Didn't you hear? I would expect more from a fellow dragon enthusiast!"

"I have a Bagon."

"Yep, and that makes you a dragon enthusiast! Anyways, today's the day when the Magikarp around Evergrande City make their annual mass-attempt to climb the water and evolve into Gyarados!"

"Evergrande City? I'm sorry, but that's a little too far away for us."

"Where are you then?"

"Just outside Petalburg City."

"Alright I'll come get you then."

"What?!"

"See you soon," Ryuusuke gladly announced as he hung up his phone.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and turned to Flora. "Hey Flora, get up. Apparently we are leaving soon."

She immediately stood up and was wide awake. She pulled a granola bar out of her bag. "Ready to go! Where are we going?"

You didn't even know and yet you got ready that fast?! I sighed. "Evergrande City."

-----

"Thanks for the ride... I guess." I hopped down from out of Ryuusuke's Dragonite's arms.

"Of course! Wouldn't want you to miss an important dragon-related event!" He slid off of the back of his Salamence.

Isn't Gyarados a Water/Flying type and not a Dragon?

Flora looked ecstatic. "I can't believe that I got to ride a Salamence ALL the way across the region!" She jumped off, following Ryuusuke.

I'm still a little salty that he got to ride with her. For some odd reason I always have to be carrying.

Flora ran around the prairie grass grown atop the plateau of an island that is Evergrande City. "I can't believe that we've already reached here!"

I walked the perimeter of the pond that leads to the waterfall. "We're only visiting, yet you say it like we're challenging Victory Road and the Elite Four." I looked across the pond, noticing no visible source of water to filter into the pond. How is this pond getting water? As far as I can tell all of it should've spilled out across the waterfall by now.

"Elron?!" A familiar voice called my name from the other side of the water.

"Dad?! What are you doing here?!"

We met in the middle. "Well, you know Gyarados. They can kind of level towns, so every year I have to come out here to make sure nothing gets out of hand. Elite Four odd job work pretty much."

"I see... You better be going home every once in awhile." I glare at him, suspecting that he left soon as I did.

"Of course! Every night even! I can fly around the region quickly with my pokemon after all!"