Chapter 11 - Why Do Old People Interfere In Love?

8 Months Later

"How interesting," said the boy clad in blue.

"We accept your challenge," said the girl in the same clothing.

"We, Tate and Liza of the Mossdeep gym, accept the dual challenge of Elron and Flora!" The two spoke simultaneously.

"We'll use twice as many pokemon than usual..."

"...To test your bond!"

"We're twins..."

"...So our bond in battle is unbreakable!"

The two struck a power pose.

"You ready?" I look over at Flora. She nods determinedly. "Alright, let's get this show on the road! Go, Aaron!" I toss my pokeball forward and release my stubborn pokemon. At this point he is quite the battleworn little guy and has scratches all over his metal hide.

"Go, Tiffiny!" Flora sends out her Beautifly.

The gym leaders send out their pokemon: their characteristic Solrock and Lunatone. The battle is on.

"Use Psychic," the psychic type trainers command. Aaron and Beautifly are surrounded in a purple-ish pink aura and are lifted into the air.

"We won't let a physical attacker..."

"...like Aron even touch our pokemon!"

"Is that so? Autonomize!"

"Tiffiny," yells Flora, "use Silver Wind!"

For a brief moment Aaron glows and gets lighter, then Tiffy waves her wings to send scales sparkling into an attack at the Rock/Psychic types on the other side.

The twins laughed. "Using Autonomize to lighten and speed up your pokemon only makes it easier to control with Psychic," says Tate.

"That girl seems to know what she's doing though," replies Liza.

Yes, Autonomize would make him easier to control due to his lightened weight, but that also means your pokemon will likely use less energy to control him. Aaron will have an easier time breaking out from your control now, and will be even faster while doing it.

Lifted high into the air, our pokemon were abruptly hurled at the ground. Beautifly's Silver Wind was cancelled and she stopped just above the ground, eyes aglow in a similar pink color: she had used her own Psychic to stop that of the opponents. Aron slammed into the ground, creating a small cloud of dust that obstructed him from view.

"How does that Beautifly already know Psychic..."

"...when we are the ones who hand out the TM?!"

Flora smiled. "I know a guy." She wasn't fazed at Aaron hitting the ground so hard: she believed that he would pull through.

Out of the cloud of dust burst a bullet-like pokemon, which pelted towards Solrock and hit right in the center. Soon as he hit he twirled around to face Lunatone and used Solrock as a jumping board, springing towards it at a remarkable speed. Without need of command, silver scales shot at the injured Solrock and finished it off. Aaron collided with Lunatone and sent it flying into a wall, then backflipped into a graceful landing. In his mind it probably would've had judges holding up a "10" sign, but I'd give it a solid "8."

The twins' jaws dropped as they saw the pokemon carry on incredibly well without their trainers' help. Lunatone struggled back into the air, and now suspended itself in a wobble. The leaders looked troubled, but then shifted into a grin. Tate returned Solrock and pulled out another pokeball.