Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

“Don’t be stupid…he is a liar like all the others. Don’t let him fool you.”

This voice wasn’t the one that had been whispering to me this one was my own, it felt like someone had slapped me across the face as I snapped out of the trance he had put me under.  We were so close I could feel the heat coming off his body. This was my chance; I had to play his game.

Even though I had snapped out of the fog I didn’t want him to know that, so I let him come closer to me. His eyes fluttered shut as his lips almost met mine.

“Good” my angel’s tear held a tone of pride in its voice.

I pressed my body tighter against his. I heard a groan escape his lips. I spoke my warning faintly against his lips.

“You may have fooled me once Natis, but not again.”

His eyes snapped open a snarl left his mouth and I felt the crystal strengthen around me once again. It was time to cause some damage, I plunged my icy clawed fingers into his stomach.

I would be lying if I said the sensation of my hand ripping through flesh didn’t make me a little queasy but I held my ground as he howled in pain. I quickly moved away from him before he could attack me once again.

“You little witch!” His face became distorted in pain as blood dripped from between his fingers as he held his hand against his stomach.

His eyes clouded with rage, he was going to attack I was in for a fight.

He slumped his shoulders over and it looked like he was about to transform again, but something stopped him.

For a second I was confused till the shifting winds brought me his sent. Emett was close.

This was enough for Natis to change his mind.

“You will regret this!” He snarled and then spit in my direction before he turned around like the dog he was with his tail between his legs.

I had to admit I felt pretty cocky as this strong creature was now the one running away from me, and not the other way around again.

I glared in the direction the smell came from. “You can come out Emett. I know you are there.”

Just like I suspected out came Emett from behind the cover of a tree. The look on his face was one of shock and anger.

“How have you learned to transform already?” Emett was now standing a few feet away from me, I shrugged my shoulders.

“The Angel’s tear taught me.” I walked past him. The image of melting ice in my mind and the crystal did just that. It basically melted off my body and poured back into the tear. I didn’t think that would work. I had to laugh when it did which earned me a look of awkwardness from Emett.

“Are you alright?”

I turned around to look at Emett his voice had gotten low and I wondered why.

“ I am fine” I wanted to tell him I didn’t need his help anymore but I held my tongue.

He stood there for a long moment not saying anything, just staring at the dirt like he didn’t hear me.

“Earth to Emett, what’s your deal?” I hated this feeling; I still wanted to know if he was ok. He still didn’t say anything so I walked over to him, he finally looked up at me and there was sadness in his eyes.

I had to take a step back when he came closer to me and this only hurt him more. He couldn’t keep pulling me back in I had to distance myself from him. This was just the way it had to be and I didn’t want to admit how much it was hurting me to do this.

“Did you kiss him?” The look in Emett’s eyes was as if I had just betrayed him. He had no right to look at me that way not after all he had done to me.

Still it mad my heart ache…

I wonder how long he had been watching I felt my stomach tighten. How should I answer? He had obviously seen what he thought was a kiss.

“No” It was simple and I what believed to be the truth.

“How can you say no when I saw it with my own eyes?” I could see the sadness in his eyes melt into anger.

“Your eyes deceived you, what Natis and I did was not anything resembling a kiss. I was playing along with his game, our lips barley even brushed before I plunged my claws into his stomach.” I felt my temper slowly rising. How does he think he even has the right to ask me that? What if I had kissed Natis it wouldn’t be any of his concern anyway.

“I don’t have to defend myself, not after everything you did! So don’t you dare try and make me feel guilty for merely trying to survive! If I didn’t go along with it he would have just killed me. Or is that what you want!” My words poured from my mouth like poison. I could see the hurt on his face as my words reached his ear.

“How could you even think for a second that I would want you dead? I am sorry that I had to lie to you but--“

I stopped him before he was able to finish. “HAD to lie? You CHOSE to lie! You could have told me the truth from the very start! That day I measured you, you could have told me you were engaged!”

I wouldn’t admit to him that the thought of never having gone out with him made me nearly want to throw up.

“Would you have liked that Kaylyn? I don’t know about you but I rather enjoyed the year we had together.” His words were a low hiss as he stepped closer to me, again I took a step back.

I had to wonder, who would be the death of me Natis or Emett? They were both a hazard to my health Natis was physically and Emett was emotionally. If I was being honest I preferred the physical pain over the emotional.

“I don’t know Emett I honestly wonder if that year together was worth all this heart ache and pain.” I turned around to walk away I was tired of this conversation.

I felt a hand wrap around my arm forcing me to a stop.

“Stop running away from me!” The tone in his voice was more of a pleading then it was anger.

“Why? What’s the point in talking about this anymore? The easiest thing to do is to just leave what has happened in the past and move on.” His silence told me he knew I was right.  I felt Emett’s grip loosen and his hand fell to his side.

 My own words hurt as they came from my mouth, like acid. I didn’t want it to be in the past, but I knew I couldn’t keep doing this to myself or Emett.

Emett said nothing I turned my back to him I couldn’t stand to see him like this, and know that I was the reason he was hurting.

 “I think it’s time to head back Emett.” I set off at a slow pace and could feel his presence behind me. We walked back to the group in silence, and I had a feeling it was going to be a long day. At this point I could really go for another nap, my body needed rest and my mind needed to escape for a while.

****

Why Hello there :),

Sorry this chapter is a little short  I wasn't really planning on uploading anything tonight, but thought I would post a short chapter just for the heck of it. I have a feeling the next chapter will be pretty long so I just went ahead and broke it up into chapter 13 & 14.

I hope you enjoy.

vote + comment.

Thanks in advance :D