Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

The journey back to Rosie’s houses seemed longer this time. Renee was so worried she hadn’t stopped crying since we started heading out. I knew it couldn’t be good for her and the baby to stress so much.I did what I could to try and keep her calm, I just kept telling her it was ok and that he would be fine. I just prayed Titus wouldn’t make a liar out of me by dying.

The thought of losing my best friend had my stomach tight with nerves.  I had to stop myself from running all the way there. Not that I would have been able to anyway, my body was to weak from my near death experience. I couldn’t risk anymore of those, I was afraid next time I wouldn’t come back. But some part of me was happy because I got to meet my parents and knew now more than ever that I needed to find my sister. She needed me.

I felt Emett wrap his arm around my waist pulling me into his side. He kissed the top of my head and I smiled.

We where almost there now the house was in view and there was no stopping Renee from running to it. I followed as quickly as I could, not prepared for the wailing sounds of my sister from inside.

That’s when I froze right outside the door, could it be…had he died? My blood ran cold and Emett’s grip tightened in a comforting notion. I breathed in a ragged breath closing my eyes praying that it wasn’t what I thought. I could see Renee’s faint blue light letting me know she was trying to heal him. But was it a hopeless gesture if he was already dead? I couldn’t bring myself to walk in there and watch Renee weep over the love of her life, my best friend.The one I killed with my own hands.

I felt my body quivering and I turned into Emett’s chest, he brushed my hair reassuringly shushing me speaking calming words in my ears. I allowed the tears to flow cursing myself for my weakness, no matter how much I tried to stay strong I just wasn’t capable of it. I was a cry baby.

I shuttered when I heard more of her cries but these sounded different less desperate. I turned to the door and finally forced myself to go in so I could comfort my sister. As soon as I walked into the room my legs almost buckled under the relief I felt. I was so grateful Emett was behind me so I could lean against him. I smiled as I stared at Renee and Titus.

She was lying on his chest her head tucked into the crook of his neck. Titus was weak his face pale and sickly, but he lovingly wrapped his good arm around Renee pulling her impossibly closer. I could see the tears in his eyes when he looked at me. He mouthed the words “Thank you” I nodded and smiled mouthing the words “I love you” he smile and nodded “You to” he whispered. My eyes welled up with tears of joy that I would be able to keep both the love of my life and my best friend. He motioned with his hand to come here.

I did as he requested and dropped to my knee in front of him and next to Renee. “I am so sorry for what I did to you.” I cried. He shook his head.

“Don’t be you brought her back to me you did exactly what I wanted you to. Thank you.” He whispered as I wrapped my arms around him and Renee careful not to brush against his wounded arm.

“Please don’t thank me its so wrong to thank me for doing what I did to you.” I whimpered as I pressed my forehead against his.

“Kaylyn I would never want to hurt you but I had to do what I needed to get Renee back. Just as you did to protect Emett by cutting off my arm. I hold nothing against you. So please don’t feel bad. Your my number two girl.” He kissed my cheek and smiled.

“Number two! So I have been demoted for your girlfriend over here? What a jip.” I faked hurt barley managing to keep the smile off my face.

He smiled “Yup sorry number three if we have a little girl.” He beamed.