Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Emett’s P.O.V

My heart was racing a hundred miles a minute as I laid Kaylyn on the bed. Her body was so limp she could have very easily passed for dead. It made my stomach feel like a giant knot as she laid there motionless. I pressed two fingers gently against her neck searching for a pulse to ease my nerves and reassure myself she was still there. I let myself relax for a moment when I felt the steady beating rhythm of her heart against my fingers. It was faint, but it was there.

I gently rolled her over on her side, pulling her shirt back up. The light in this room made the wounds and spread of poison seem worse. I took a deep breathe as I prepared to explore how far it had gone on her body. The easiest way to do so would have been to cut the clothes off but I knew how much this clothes meant to Kaylyn since it was her mothers.

So gently I pulled her up against my body  sitting on the bed next to her so she could just lean on me. Completely aware of the fact she was still able to feel the pain I was as careful as I could be when lifting her shirt gently over her head. Making sure the fabric didn’t come in contact with her back. I didn’t even realize I was holding my breathe till I had taken the shirt off and laid it next to me on the bed. I released it only to stop breathing again when I felt how warm Kaylyn felt against me. I ignored the wanting I had to hold on to her a little longer and laid her back on her side brushing her hair out of her face.

I ran a hand down my face when I took a moment to look at the extent of the damage. The poison was already reaching around her chest searching for her heart, for her soul.  No wonder she had become so violent during the training. The soul poison is already taking affect.

“Fate” I barley raised my voice knowing he would hear me.

I could hear his soft footsteps along with whom I assumed was Titus and Renee hurrying to the bedroom.

“How bad is it?” I heard him from the hallway.

“It’s not good.” I mumbled as I gently ran my thumb in a small circle on the back of Kaylyn's hand trying to be of some comfort. It was a very scary thing hearing everything around you yet having no control over your body.

“Dammit Kaylyn” Fate whispered as he entered the room seeing the black veins spreading from her wounds.

“What the hell happened now?” Titus barged in Renee hanging on tightly to his arm A gasp escaped her lips when her eyes fell on Kaylyn.

“Natis poisoned her, when they fought.” I looked away from them focusing only on Kaylyn.

“You mean the poison has been spreading this whole time?” It was easy to detect the anger in Titus's voice.

“Yes” was all I said not feeling the need to go into it further.

“Is she going to die?” Renee’s voice was quivering as she walked towards Kaylyn kneeling on the floor by the bed.

I shook my head knowing very well this wouldn’t kill her... per say. “No it wont kill her body, but her soul will be lost. The  closer the poison gets to her soul the stronger she will feel, the quicker she will heal. You can see here.” I pointed to one of the lacerations on her back that had started to close. “It is already starting, it’s a vile poison. First it spreads through the wounds it was put into the body by. They will heal to a certain extent before causing excruciating pain to the victims body by re-opening the wounds.  Then the wound will begin to heal itself as the poison begins to taint the soul. Because what good is a broken body if it can't be used? The victims body becomes nothing but a shell to the poison.”